Sign in to follow this  
Mashakos

ANSWERED Mediabrowser 2.6.2.0 R - 30 secs hang when navigating

Mashakos

As the title mentions, I'm getting 30 second hangs every time I navigate into a folder or game/movie. Tried disabling data fetch from tmdb and thegamesdb but that didn't help. 

I am guessing it has to do with MB polling authentication servers and timing out because they are down..?

Would appreciate a workaround for this.

Luke

Hi, welcome. Have you considered trying Emby?

Mashakos

Unfortunately Emby (Emby Classic) doesn't have the functionality I need - specifically GameBrowser II's ability to set up custom Game Systems and custom file extension types (mine are set to .exe, .lnk, .url & .bat for example).

When GB3 gets to the level of usability found in the older versions I'd be happy to switch.

Edited by Mashakos

Mashakos

EDIT:

Turns out it was the weather! I went into MediaBrowser Configurator - in the display/playback tab - and tried deleting the Weather ID (hitting save of course) to see if that would fix it. Sure enough it did! MediaBrowser 2 lives on...

From the log,

5:48:05.827 AM 25/11/2016 , Info , CoverArt dormant.  Freeing memory... ,  , 62 , 

5:48:45.765 AM 25/11/2016 , Error , Yahoo weather refresh failed ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=Unable to connect to the remote server Src=System Method=DownloadFile Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address,, String fileName) [n]    at MediaBrowser.YahooWeather.GetWeatherInfo() ) ,  , 1 , Application

I'm noticing that yahoo weather is mentioned right as the stall ends. Any ay to modify the yahoo weather url maybe?

Edited by Mashakos

ebr

Their API changed so I'm afraid you are stuck without it in MB 2.