Some way to sync playing of media between clients/locations

diaz1510

diaz1510

Just throwing this out there, not sure anything like this is possible but sounds like it would be a cool feature...

So during this Thanksgiving, my family is all over here and we are watching movies while prepping the days meal.  Some of the family is in the living room and some is in the kitchen/dining area cooking.  I've got a client and emby theater setup in each area...the folks in the living area are watching a good movie that we wouldn't mind watching at the same time with them.  I know I can create another user and just play the same movie on the kitchen are screen as what's playing on the living room screen...just thought it would be cool to find a way to tap into/sync the 2 areas so that the media is playing at the same time.  What got me thinking about it was one of my family yelled across the hallway "Hey, you should see this" while I'm in the kitchen area.  Wish there was a way for me to open up emby theater in the kitchen area and sync to what's playing in the other area...

Anyway, just a thought...