How do you use MediaBrowser??

Cheesegeezer

How do you use MediaBrowser  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What Client do you use MediaBrowser on (Select all that apply)

2. 2. Where Do You Use MediaBrowser (Select All that Apply)

3. 3. Are You Happy With MediaBrowser

Cheesegeezer

Hi Peeps,

I thought it would be interesting to see how MediaBrowser is used by you.

If you have any comments to throw in, by all means do so.  

Thanks

Koleckai Silvestri

Great question... I'd rather spend my time enjoying Red's code and making sure Tikuf's testing was done properly. So far so good. :)

• Like 3

AdrianW

Still using MB2, as I'm waiting for MB3 development to settle down. 

Although MBC is now looking very stable, I'm considering moving over, but I think having to move away from Throg's themes will be a big shock for my wife

Koleckai Silvestri

So a little Anecdote.. 

This evening I decided to go upstairs and watch a little video on my first generation iPad. Thing is getting ancient as it will be 4 years old in May. Anyway, I pulled up Hulu+ because I wanted to watch and episode of a show I don't have. Hulu+ struggled and had to pause and buffer every 3-5 minutes. It got to be very annoying. So I pulled up the Media Browser Webclient (since there is no iPad client for iOS 5.1). Using that I was able to watch episodes of three different shows that I had without problems. Good picture, subtitles, decent sound (for a 1 speaker iPad).. Not a single stutter the entire time.

• Like 3

newfiend

Well since the move to MB3, I guess you could say I'm addicted..lol I have been using the Windows Phone app a lot and also the 8.1 version of MB3 on my surface tablet. I check the server daily to make sure it's up to date and my plugins as well.. With the pace this is taking shape updates are frequent and welcomed so here are some props to the whole MB3 Dev team .. Well done guys!! Its amazing the stir in the community that MB3 has brought and how much people are willing to jump in and help code to improve it. I think that says alot for the community as a whole and for the Dev team's support and devotion to the project. I find myself using MB3 more and more on different devices and its been a pleasant experience thus far. Thanks!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still using MB2, as I'm waiting for MB3 development to settle down. 

You could be waiting a long time.  I don't see us "settling down" anytime soon :).

I'd go ahead and make the move.

• Like 6

Rickt1962

I use it to View my movies with Linksys DMA2100 with shark007 it plays all the formats :) The only problem is it shows my Genre folders instead of extracting them out of them like the others do XBMC and PLEX

There's only a small number of responses but I see a few things in the results - MBC is alive and kicking, people like the second screen experience, and the android platform is a lion waiting to be unleashed. If we had more kinds of android apps I think it would dominate this poll. I also think Roku could be our single most adopted device even while under-performing in a poll. I think those users have accepted there's only so much a Roku app can do and so they may not feel the need to be active in the forum requesting feature after feature.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not sure we have a lot of activity from the Roku users on here, even though we have had 25,000 installations of the channel now.

trusselo

There's only a small number of responses but I see a few things in the results - MBC is alive and kicking, people like the second screen experience, and the android platform is a lion waiting to be unleashed. If we had more kinds of android apps I think it would dominate this poll. I also think Roku could be our single most adopted device even while under-performing in a poll. I think those users have accepted there's only so much a Roku app can do and so they may not feel the need to be active in the forum requesting feature after feature.

chromecast may really boost android app use too. my chromecast came with the updated unhackable (as of yet) bootloader, i cant do anything actually fun with it until MB supports it.

not sure what you meant about more kinds of android apps though.... plugins? 

chromecast may really boost android app use too. my chromecast came with the updated unhackable (as of yet) bootloader, i cant do anything actually fun with it until MB supports it.

not sure what you meant about more kinds of android apps though.... plugins? 

well for one, an android app designed from the group up for 10ft usage. Think Roku but with all of the additional developer freedom that android provides.

Redshirt

well for one, an android app designed from the group up for 10ft usage. Think Roku but with all of the additional developer freedom that android provides.

I've been working on that with a little artistic help from the community. Since you talked me into it, a few teasers of what were trying to do. Time will tell how close I can come with the actual android api's

19e21b00a1dffc84d58deddbcaf280a6.jpg

q4ia.jpg

• Like 9

Koleckai Silvestri

Would be good for the cheap Android boxes coming out of China and devices like the Ouya (another store to get into).

Would be good for the cheap Android boxes coming out of China and devices like the Ouya (another store to get into).

Yup, and the fact that with each day that goes by it's becoming more and more of an android world. And as a developer you appreciate everything they allow you to do.

Looking at the results, it occurs to me I might have marked the Web Client with the wrong basis in mind. I use it only for managing my MB3 server and media... not for actual viewing -- so I marked it, not being sure what was intended. I wonder how many people had the same question in their minds?

CBers

I've been working on that with a little artistic help from the community. Since you talked me into it, a few teasers of what were trying to do. Time will tell how close I can come with the actual android api's

19e21b00a1dffc84d58deddbcaf280a6.jpg

q4ia.jpg

Most excellent :)

What is that running on?

Edited by CBers

Redshirt

Those are mockups, but the real UI which is VERY similar is being tested on my Android Mini-PC hooked up to my TV and my 2013 Nexus 7.

• Like 1

Redshirt

Not sure if amazon will let you see the canadian links. But I have this mini pc. Which I control with this keyboard/mouse.

CBers

Yes, I can see it.

Was just looking at that on the UK site.

Looks like there's a newer quad-core version out now.

Looks pretty good for the money.

Edited by CBers