Auto-Organize and Shows with special characters

steve@jaccom.ca

steve@jaccom.ca

Can I override the folder name used by Auto-Organize.

How do I deal with shows like  M*A*S*H, Penn & Teller: Fool Us for example?

I would like to tell Emby server that any show's name containing characters not allowed in folder name (*:\?) be deleted so  M*A*S*H just becomes MASH

Thanks

steve@jaccom.ca

Then why am I getting the following error when linking to the show M*A*S*H

Error Organizing File

There was an error organizing the file. Error Code: illegal character in path.

I am running Emby Server on Windows 7

That error is not related to auto-organize and to be honest, I don't see a fault with Emby Server here. The folder M*A*S*H already exists in your NAS storage device. This error is actually occurring when Emby is trying to read that folder, not when saving anything to it.

Your NAS allows the * in the folder name which is why you were able to put that folder there in the first place. But Windows does not allow it, and you're trying to run Emby on Windows and that's why you're getting that error. What you'll need to do in this situation is just manually rename the series folder.

steve@jaccom.ca

Where do I manually rename the series folder? When I select a series for the file I cannot edit it before saving it.

Also as Emby is running in a Windows OS, why does it even try using folder names with characters Windows does not allow?

Edited by steve@jaccom.ca

I think you're misunderstanding. Emby is not trying to save to a folder called M*a*s*h.

You already have the folder on your nas but emby on windows cannot read it because windows does not support it.

What you need to do is go to the nas folder directly and rename it.