Locking down Emby User Settings

fernsm
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

We are a school and are about to start using s our media streaming server and PVR.

Because there there is currently no Active Directory / LDAP authentication available in Emby at present, we are begin forced down the route for students and staff to share generic login's (Staff , Students). This is not ideal but when you have 1000 students and 200 staff and no AD authentication, unless you want to spend the rest of your life managing accounts this is currently the only feasible solution.

Whilst we can remove the ability to change an accounts password, there is no method of removing through the GUI access to User > Settings > Home Screen or User > Settings > Playback so changes to the Emby web interface can be locked down. Ideally. the Emby administrator would still need access to these settings for their account.

All suggests are welcome.

Many thanks

• Solution
Happy2Play

Well you could use Custom CSS and hide the button, and make all the changes with an admin account via Dashboard-Users-Select the user- Click the link "Edit this user's profile, image and personal preferences".

Copy and paste the custom css to Dashboard-Settings-Custom CSS box.

button.headerButton.headerButtonRight.headerUserButton.paper-icon-button-light.headerUserButtonRound {display: none}
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Or you could bookmark the url for each user to that page and hide the button.

• 10 months later...
Happy2Play

custom css to Dashboard-Settings-Custom CSS box located where???

Dashboard-Settings-Branding

• Like 1

Now if you could tell me a way to search through 15k videos I'd be good.. (without a limit at 28) otherwise kodi and their Mysql advanced settings is something you would want to incorporate?  But the branding something I didn't look at.. I mean why try and hide that it is emby??  But I'll look

Happy2Play

Now if you could tell me a way to search through 15k videos I'd be good.. (without a limit at 28) otherwise kodi and their Mysql advanced settings is something you would want to incorporate?  But the branding something I didn't look at.. I mean why try and hide that it is emby??  But I'll look

OT:  It allows everyone to Theme Emby how you like.

You can modify the js file but note it will be reset in every build.  And specific searches do find what you are looking for.  So the issue is a generic search.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

OT:  It allows everyone to Theme Emby how you like.

You can modify the js file but note it will be reset in every build.  And specific searches do find what you are looking for.  So the issue is a generic search.

Still learning but emby is more than the out of the box system, I want it to work.