Emby Theater on PS4

Luke

I don't see the cropping, maybe something particular to that individual video?

I tried a few videos and it also does it to the intro. Nothing to do with me being on a beta version is it?

EDIT: I tried again this morning and there's no problem,  :huh: Well bravo to you! haha

Edited by knottz

I think at this point the only open issue is the position slider. Also, I couldn't get audio playback to work either so i'll have to see what's up there.

I found the music issue. That's an interesting one. The PS4 browser has no support for audio files. The only way to play music is to convert them on the fly into a video container and then play it as a video file.

• Like 1

I found the music issue. That's an interesting one. The PS4 browser has no support for audio files. The only way to play music is to convert them on the fly into a video container and then play it as a video file.

I had a feeling the ps4 doesn't support audio files as the original emby web app doesn't place them either.

Is there any chance of drumming up some sort of video container method? It would be nice to have music but it's not something I think you should put your efforts in unless it's not too difficult or time consuming. 

Don't know what you mean. You press any button and it animates up and down just like the app on other platforms.

At times the entire progress bar goes green regardless of how far through the video is, I noticed the volume slider does the same. Like I say its not quite there yet, at times it work at times it doesn't.

If you like i can get a video showing what I mean?

Can't seem to get the problem to occur anymore, I think my ps4 loves to hold onto old browser data even if wiping it... 

The volume slider shows 0 volume even when at full but that's not really an issue is it.

Great work mate, It works great (Y)

• 1 month later...

Great news. I've pushed an update for Emby Theater on Sony PS4. The Live TV Guide layout issues have been resolved and the guide is now equivalent to what you see on other platforms. Enjoy.