Trakt sync failed: Value cannot be null. parentPath

eNES0nsEsK

MrWebsmith

ok.. ive been back and forth again with this plugin as well... i will update this post with all logs/screenshots shortly this morning..

but..

if i run the task manually, it seems to be fine/completes (although with a screwy percentage in the 10,000s% and "under" the progress bar... but it runs..

if the task runs on its set auto-schedule.. its failing everytime.

info to follow

MrWebsmith

@@MrWebsmith i was able to reproduce these issues and made a couple changes to the plugin and now I'm seeing successful runs of the scheduled task. Please try it out and let me know if it resolves your issue. thanks.

• Like 1

After running a few times i have still seen one failure, so I will adjust further. The underlying issue is Trakt gets hit with more traffic than they can handle. The only way to handle these timeouts are basically to pause and retry. I compared to official trakt code and it is doing the same thing, try, pause, retry. They must have some load issues on the site if that's what it takes to get your requests through. In any event, I think it will be better now.

• Like 1

If you are still seeing the 401 unauthorized errors, i would suggest shutting down the server, locating the server program data /plugins/configurations/trakt.xml configuration file, and then delete the trakt xml config. start the server back up and set it up again.

MrWebsmith

so im looking for 

Trakt (3.0.6200.3129)

to include the fixes you're attempting?

thanks for getting back on this.. ill see how it improves and failback to the xml fresh/rebuild if needed as well

updating plugin now and restarting emby svr

MrWebsmith

@@Luke

with new update.. and not yet HAD to rebuild config xml...

i am NOT ahving any task failures/errors for approx 24 hours now... i had the trigger interval set to as short at every 30mins for a few hours.. it was fine.. then i moved it way back to every 6hrs.. and its been good all night..

if i watch it run, say i manually run it,... the "funky percentage" and "progress bar" display issues remain.. its like it cant correct compute the "work" it needs to do vs already done... this is minor, but i wanted to report back

let me know if there's anything else you would like on this portion and i'll keep testing.

thank you again and happy holidays.

-MWS

Edited by MrWebsmith

after deleting the xml configuration file, i no longer fail errors, thanks! i do however experience the "funky percentage" and progress bar like MrWebsmith but all seems to be working, thank you!

• Like 1