Trakt sync failed: Value cannot be null. parentPath

eNES0nsEsK

eNES0nsEsK

Hi,

I'm new to Trakt.tv. I've installed the plugin onto Emby which is running on a FreeNAS box.

I am tring to initiate a sync on the Scheduled Tasks page but it fails. I get the following message about the problem,

Sync library to trakt.tv failed.
a minute ago
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: parentPath

I have double checked to confirm I'm using the correct username and password in the Trakt plugin settings. I can log into track.tv okay.

Can anyone tell me what the parentPath parameter is please?

Regards,

eNES0nsEsK

MrWebsmith

Also having trakt task failures for the past week or so..

fails without the OP's specific error after about 5s or so.. 

fresh log and debugging enabled

https://www.dropbox.com/s/992vsmyljzhkr23/server-63615400477.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21g6u782l246gkq/embydevver.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8eixx10em3rdr8x/traktver.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biqb9z657x8qz8p/embynotlog.jpg?dl=0

Edited by MrWebsmith

I pushed an update to the plugin with changes from a community member. See if that exhibits different behavior. thanks.

It is sending back a 401 status code which suggests it is not accepting your credentials.

I have the same problem... yesterday all was working fine...

i´ve also made an update to the latest beta a few minutes ago. trakt plugin has also been updated by i get that 401 error also....

edit:

following this solved the problem ;)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34190-emby-trakt-plugin-not-working/

Edited by b0mb

MrWebsmith

b0mb,

i wish that worked for me.. alas im still getting "one or more errrors failed" when trying the Trakt task...  this is a log after performing all the uninstall/reinstall/confirm fresh xml   steps in the link from april

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7umxan88dm8jgn3/server-63615915430.txt?dl=0

dev server: Version 3.1.6176.1177 dev

MrWebsmith

yep.. as part of the last round i killed manually the old xml... and after the fresh dll install i had it save a fresh config xml that only has the 1 user..  ill post both xmls to this thread and do a fresh restart and fresh run test and post server log from today as well

MrWebsmith

current/new config.. (password x'd out)         https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9sktipcyvrkz4o/Trakt.xml?dl=0

old config https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jfb7bbh5uuv2zh/oldTrakt.xml?dl=0

today log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5qj4n1hcnokwyf/server-63616060800.txt?dl=0

also prior to failing the % is funky... all over the place..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j2pymmliislrsg/funkypercent.jpg?dl=0

Edited by MrWebsmith

I too am new to trakt and also am having a syncing issue. Trakt works as long as I'm watching something but it doesn't "sync" to my acct, here's the error log:

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.8500.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Phi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Phi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Phi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__14.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<GetFromTrakt>d__27.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest>d__18.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.<SyncMovies>d__10.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.<SyncUserLibrary>d__9.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.<Execute>d__8.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__64.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.AggregateException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-12-02 16:32:06.6178 Info TaskManager: Sync library to trakt.tv Failed after 0 minute(s) and 1 seconds

is the issue trakt side or emby plugin side, just want to make sure I'm not trying to solve a problem I can't do anything about.

I too am new to trakt and also am having a syncing issue. Trakt works as long as I'm watching something but it doesn't "sync" to my acct, here's the error log:

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.8500.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Phi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Application Path: C:\Users\Phi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__14.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<GetFromTrakt>d__27.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest>d__18.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.<SyncMovies>d__10.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.<SyncUserLibrary>d__9.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.<Execute>d__8.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__64.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-12-02 16:32:06.6178 Info TaskManager: Sync library to trakt.tv Failed after 0 minute(s) and 1 seconds

is the issue trakt side or emby plugin side, just want to make sure I'm not trying to solve a problem I can't do anything about.

Hi, welcome. I would try again with the next release of the server. The trakt plugin has been given a lot of improvements but it won't be available until the next release of Emby Server is out. Thanks !

I kinda figured a hobbled together workaround for the sync issue. I installed kodi, downloaded emby for kodi, waited for library to sync, then downloaded the trakt add-on and synced the watched list via kodi and then uninstalled everything.

Thanks for the update. Please try again with the next release of the server. The trakt plugin has been given a lot of improvements but it won't be available until the next release of Emby Server is out. Thanks !

Thanks for the update. Please try again with the next release of the server. The trakt plugin has been given a lot of improvements but it won't be available until the next release of Emby Server is out. Thanks !

cool thanks! when you refer to the "next release" is that going to be a full version release or the next update? just curious since my lifetime premiere seems to be only tied to version 3.xxx

• 3 weeks later...

New update installed but sync is still having issues: 

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.1.0.0
	Application directory: C:\Users\Phi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<PostToTrakt>d__29.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<SendEpisodeStatusUpdateAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.ServerMediator.<KernelPlaybackStopped>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<PostToTrakt>d__29.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<SendEpisodeStatusUpdateAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
	   at Trakt.ServerMediator.<KernelPlaybackStopped>d__17.MoveNext()
	System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
	---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

What version of the plugin? Try making sure the plugin is up to date and then also re-entering your credentials into the plugin. thanks !