Window Property as indicator for Emby Sync Process

sualfred

sualfred

Hey there,

can we skinners get a window property to check if a Emby sync process is running? It would be enough if a window property is filled as soon as the extended progress dialog is called, and reseted as soon as the sync is done. 

Reason:

My skin has a very complex widget scenario and I'm looking for a way to show a "loading home"-splash screen. 

Thanks in advance!

im85288

Can you not just use the normal NumItems check on the collection to be populated? There's an example in an old skin of mine called Eunique which shows the images from skinhelper (e.g. All movies) in place of the widget when it's loading data. This way even if your skin uses a complex widget scenario users get to see the home screen instantly and widgets load when they are ready.

sualfred

Can you not just use the normal NumItems check on the collection to be populated? There's an example in an old skin of mine called Eunique which shows the images from skinhelper (e.g. All movies) in place of the widget when it's loading data. This way even if your skin uses a complex widget scenario users get to see the home screen instantly and widgets load when they are ready.

Sadly not, because I want to show a different extended progress dialog layout, if it's Emby sync based.

Edit:

Btw -> My widgets are populated even if numitems is 0 with a "no content available", but I'm using a preloading property and trigger on startup to show a overlay to hide alle widget areas with a tiny splash based on the Container(%i).IsUpdating condition.

Edited by sualfred