TV Guide and playback problems

jordy

Hi, I have a number of issues with the TV Guide and Live TV playback on Chrome, Firefox and Android Mobile.

1. Android Mobile - the guide is one hour out, eg at 16:30hrs the guide shows 15:30hrs. This is not apparent on the FF or Chrome WebUI - see screenshots.
  2. Firefox and Chrome: Selecting the play icon from the "Whats on"  list results in a never ending spinning circle.
  3. In Firefox and Chrome, Live TV will not play. Choosing a program from the Guide and selecting Play, results in a black playback screen. Closing this screen using the X in the top RH corner sometimes will play audio and sometimes not. Checking the server dashboard there is no indication that anything is playing. Logs show a remux log every time.

NextPVR app: 3.9.2

NextPVR plugin: 3.0.6143.20454

Dev: 3.1.6168.41403

For #1 check the time zone setting of the device.

Luke, this issue is very new and the have been no changes to time zones on the phone. It is set to automatic time zone provided by Vodafone AU. The system time & date is correct.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by jordy

And what do you see in the NextPVR logging? Or on the status icon of NextPVR? 

The stream has been started?

Hi Sven, not sure which log you want me to look in (too many :)) so here are all of them.

Never had any network issues server is gigabit cabled to the router and clients are on 5 G Wi-Fi. 100% uptime...

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

I just tested Live TV with ET (2.5.29) and got a black screen with Audio. Server showed Live TV direct streaming, Remux log created.

Playing Live TV (same channel) through Emby for Android (Beta 2.8.24) is good, no problems. Remux log created.

When trying to view Live TV through WebUI (Chrome or FF) the server does not show anything playing. Remux log is created.

@punktchen, that issue seems to be with the built in Live TV and HDHomerun stuff, I'm using NextPVR and a DVB-T tuner card so maybe not the same issue.

You don't have any network issues?

Because I see some disconnects...

@@Sven, are you referring to this?

2016-11-21 16:08:57.8844 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://localhost:8866/public/util/art/event/2755859

Whatever it is doesn't exist, at least not that I can find. Searching for it in Chrome produces a 404 page not found error.

@@Luke, what is the server looking for at this address? Is it important? Does it normally return something? Maybe NextPVR is just not providing it...

@@jordy not for that. I saw some other network issues.

But I also see that he can't find the transcoding file.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\2d3fc0a29c0d150c807a09fb2454ee3c5.ts'.

So that's also something weird....

So it's working for the Android part?

Yes, Android is working.

An update on Emby Theater, I have discovered that channels which transmit in H264 format will play in ET but those in MPEG2 will not. Maybe it's something to do with ffmpeg?

EDIT: this does not apply to the WebUI tho...

Edited by jordy

@@jordy not for that. I saw some other network issues.

But I also see that he can't find the transcoding file.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\2d3fc0a29c0d150c807a09fb2454ee3c5.ts'.

So that's also something weird....

So it's working for the Android part?

re the FileNotFound exception, when trying to play Live TV in the WebUI ffmpeg is definitely creating these files in the Transcoding Temp folder. ???

EDIT: well, it was but didn't keep going for long . now they've all gone but i've still got the black playback window...

EDIT 2: ffmpeg produces 23 transcode files and then stops and deletes them. This is repeatable...

Edited by jordy

pünktchen

I just tested Live TV with ET (2.5.29) and got a black screen with Audio. Server showed Live TV direct streaming, Remux log created.

Playing Live TV (same channel) through Emby for Android (Beta 2.8.24) is good, no problems. Remux log created.

When trying to view Live TV through WebUI (Chrome or FF) the server does not show anything playing. Remux log is created.

@punktchen, that issue seems to be with the built in Live TV and HDHomerun stuff, I'm using NextPVR and a DVB-T tuner card so maybe not the same issue.

Maybe the root cause of your problems is different,

but i also get the same black screen in browsers with the MediaPortal live tv plugin, while it's working in the Android app.

DParsons

I've been having some problems that seem related to this issue. If not I'll post a new topic but my Emby web and android apps both will periodically stop displaying the record icon on shows that are set to record, but they will show up on the scheduled tab. At every instance of this happening I can not schedule any recordings I just get the spinning wheel that will never go away. At these times live tv will work. Every day this happens at the first instance of me remotely logging on and every day at some random later point everything will work again, scheduled recording of programs, programs set to record showing up on the guide with the red record icon. Everyday the same, right now it's early in the day for me and nothing that I mentioned earlier will work, this afternoon I'll try again and it will definitely work as it has every day for the past several weeks. As crazy as it sounds it seems time related but I'm sure that it is just random.

emby v3.0.8500.0

nextpvr plugin v3.0.6137.25461

@@DParsons I understand you are perceiving that as an emby problem but I bet you that's going to come down to a communication failure between the next Pvr plugin and your next pvr software. If you can provide the emby server log from the time this happens we might be able to verify. Thanks.

Hi, I have a number of issues with the TV Guide and Live TV playback on Chrome, Firefox and Android Mobile.

1. Android Mobile - the guide is one hour out, eg at 16:30hrs the guide shows 15:30hrs. This is not apparent on the FF or Chrome WebUI - see screenshots.
  2. Firefox and Chrome: Selecting the play icon from the "Whats on"  list results in a never ending spinning circle.
  3. In Firefox and Chrome, Live TV will not play. Choosing a program from the Guide and selecting Play, results in a black playback screen. Closing this screen using the X in the top RH corner sometimes will play audio and sometimes not. Checking the server dashboard there is no indication that anything is playing. Logs show a remux log every time.

NextPVR app: 3.9.2

NextPVR plugin: 3.0.6143.20454

Dev: 3.1.6168.41403

@@Luke, the above issues are still occurring. Any progress? Need more logs?

Is the nextpvr plugin actually from nextpvr?

No - this plugin was created by the Emby guys, and maintained by them. We're happy to look into any issue they encounter with talking to NextPVR though - they just have to let us know the details and we'll help them out.

• Like 1

@@Luke, the above issues are still occurring. Any progress? Need more logs?

@@Luke, today just for a test, I started from scratch with the stable Server, 8500 i think - didn't set up a libary, just the NextPVR plugin, ran the Guide update and viola - TV worked a treat, no problems at all. Then I deleted that install and downloaded and installed the Dev Server, installed NextPVR ran the guide and - Nothing! - no playback in any WebUI, Chrome, FF or Edge...

There is clearly a problem with the Dev Server and NextPVR.

Hopefully you can fix it.:)

DParsons

I have the logs posted now. I did get worse however. I had made a post yesterday at the NextPVR forum about this problem and they are indicating it's probably not them. I have to do some tests and let them know the results but this a link to that post.  http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?58949-NRecord-exe-High-CPU-Utilization&p=510827#post510827

After I cold rebooted my pc and restored it the Emby tv guide would not show up all yesterday as well, it has come back this morning. Probably after the scheduled task for the guide I'm assuming, but I still can't schedule any recording an no recording will show with the red record icon, at least not yet it will probably revert to working normally later today. Thanks for the assistance let me know if I can provide anything else.logs.7z

There are a lot of log files in that zip file. Which one is from the timeframe of your issue? I looked at the newest one but I don't see any live tv-related activity in there. Thanks !

DParsons

It happens everyday so just included them all. Every day this week it happened and for the past several weeks it's been a daily occurrence. It also happened today in the earlier part of the day, scheduling recording didn't work and no recordings scheduled to record showed on the guide, but it does now and that is the same pattern that has happened every day this week and for approximately the last couple of weeks.

It happens everyday so just included them all. Every day this week it happened and for the past several weeks it's been a daily occurrence. It also happened today in the earlier part of the day, scheduling recording didn't work and no recordings scheduled to record showed on the guide, but it does now and that is the same pattern that has happened every day this week and for approximately the last couple of weeks.

If Luke is anything like me, I'm guessing he would like you to zip your logs up immediately after the issue next happens, and post the logs, so it takes the guess work out of what he's looking. at..otherwise there is just so much stuff in there and it's near impossible to find the relevant bit of the log.

Edited by sub3