Emby Server running under .NET Core

Luke

thatoneguy99

I just wanted to post one last server log before I have to get off of here...

If you look around 15:19 in the logs I tried to run a library scan from the Scheduled Tasks section of the dashboard. You will see the error even though I don't know exactly what it is trying to say.

server-63617238761.txt

I've updated the build in the first post. Hopefully this will clear up the platform not supported errors in the logs. thanks.

Guest plexman

More testing with the last attachment, this time both on Windows and Ubuntu. On Ubuntu there is still the same issue with the interface, you only see the labels and headers, etc. of the web page. I've tried library scanning on both OS with same results. When I press the "Scan Library" button I can see the scanning bar just for a couple of seconds but if I go to the home page no library is created, nothing appears. It happens to me in both OS. Attached both logs.

Log_ubuntu.txt

Log_windows.txt

Edited by plexman

thatoneguy99

I am not sure why I didn't think of it before, and I am not sure if it will help at all, but I turned on debug logging with the newest update from the first post. It is attached... I also have DLNA turned off.

I started the server and tried to run a Library Scan from Scheduled Tasks.

I am just trying to provide some more feedback. Thanks for all that you do!

server-63617334379.txt

thatoneguy99

I have a suggestion. I wouldn't quite call it a problem...unfortunately this is not a fix for the library scan.

When I run this server I am running it on a laptop, not my normal server computer... I have a working Emby server working on that server on the default 8096 port.

When I run this server it automatically adds the 8096 port to port forwarding on my router. That breaks my working Emby server (externally anyways) because now the router is forwarding the port to two different computers and doesn't know what to do. 

If there was an option in the wizard to select to auto forward the port or not that would be great. I do not remember seeing one, so if it's already in there please forgive me. At the moment ,after I am done testing the dotnet server, I have to go in my router admin and remove the port forward.

Just a suggestion. I am sure you're busy enough.

• 1 month later...
thatoneguy99

server-63620700673.txt

I am not sure what you changed but I am sure there are lots of behind the scenes stuff going on. Attached is my server log with debug enabled and DLNA disabled. Seems to be the same thing going on. GUI isn't right and it will not find anything (or show anything I am not sure) after a library scan.

mutu310

Is there an ETA for the .NET Core version to go to release stage and replace Mono? To be honest a short while ago I assumed that it had happened... A new release of Emby came along and I could no longer see a process called Mono in the Task Manager taking up a near-constant 80% CPU usage on my DS213j. I got really excited that you switched to Core but now I'm excited to learn you (probably) haven't from your posts. So is there an ETA please? It should make a real difference on low powered devices such as mine.

Is there an ETA for the .NET Core version to go to release stage and replace Mono? To be honest a short while ago I assumed that it had happened... A new release of Emby came along and I could no longer see a process called Mono in the Task Manager taking up a near-constant 80% CPU usage on my DS213j. I got really excited that you switched to Core but now I'm excited to learn you (probably) haven't from your posts. So is there an ETA please? It should make a real difference on low powered devices such as mine.

To get what you want faster, the best thing to do is jump in and help test it out. thanks !

thatoneguy99

I have not tested your last updated build. I will within the hour and report back. Is there anything you would like me to do differently? Any options you would like me to check? Right now the only thing I have been doing is testing the library scan and UI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatoneguy99

I really wish I could help you more. When looking through the logs, for the most part anyways, I don't know what I would be looking for. I am happy to test though :)

thatoneguy99

Should Emby be trying to add my library to the "Library Monitor"? I have this option disabled when I add the folder location to the Library.

2017-01-24 14:52:15.3670 Info LibraryMonitor: Unable to add directory watcher for /home/thatoneguy99/Videos/Movies. It already exists in the dictionary.

This could be something entirely different. It is just my feeble attempt at assistance.

thatoneguy99

I will try it again. I deleted all of my PublishOutput folders prior to downloading this one from the first post. I will do it again.