ServerWMC Not Connected

iam4uk

I am having an issue when I go to type in the IP address in the plugin of the ServerWMC.  Every time I save it, I click off and back on and it is back to localhost.  Is this a known issue?  I think it is not saving it so that is stopping me from connecting.

krustyreturns

I am having an issue when I go to type in the IP address in the plugin of the ServerWMC.  Every time I save it, I click off and back on and it is back to localhost.  Is this a known issue?  I think it is not saving it so that is stopping me from connecting.

Its not a know issue.  Which version of the server and plugin are you running?

krustyreturns

Sorry, I should have said:

what version of  ServerWMC are you running?

Update the serverwmc plugin, the newest version is .23

Edited by krustyreturns

Sorry, I should have said:

what version of  ServerWMC are you running?

Update the serverwmc plugin, the newest version is .23

I assume I need to switch that to beta to get past .16?   When I switch that plugin to beta then go back it is still on release, all other plugins keep the setting if I change it.  

Disorganise

I find the newwest plugin version is .16.

52f6fb82643ae_ServerWMCPlugin.jpg

52f6fc06774a8_ServerWMCPlugin2.jpg

but it's detecting .23:

52f6fc671ad1e_ServerWMCPlugin3.jpg

As far a getting it to connect, I found you MUST use an IP address.  Localhost or the hostname don't don't for some reason.

Disorganise

Should also point out that the 'beta' update setting only sticks once u successfully get MB to find Server WMC.

What I ended up doing is downloading the previous version (.18) from the Web and installing. Then reinstalling the .16 plug in. Still MB couldn't see server WMC.

Changed the configuration to be ip address and restart MB server and voila, the server WMC window showed mediabrowser connected.

Reinstalled the .23 version and everything still works. So for me the issue was solely the need for the ip address.

Once working I successfully tested live TV to a browser on my tablet from the MB server. awesome :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

Should also point out that the 'beta' update setting only sticks once u successfully get MB to find Server WMC.

What I ended up doing is downloading the previous version (.18) from the Web and installing. Then reinstalling the .16 plug in. Still MB couldn't see server WMC.

Changed the configuration to be ip address and restart MB server and voila, the server WMC window showed mediabrowser connected.

Reinstalled the .23 version and everything still works. So for me the issue was solely the need for the ip address.

Once working I successfully tested live TV to a browser on my tablet from the MB server. awesome :)

This worked.  I installed the 1.0.0.14 plugin, set the IP address, it saved.  Then looked for update.  Must be a bug with installing the newest version without having a previous version installed.

krustyreturns

Sorry I'm late to this thread.  I tried to reproduce this error by stopping mbs then blowing away our plugin.  Restarted mbs, installed .23 plugin from catalog, restarted mbs.  I then changed the ip address in the plugin back and forth between two different machines I have running swmc (localhost and our house mediaserver).  I had no problems connecting.  

Any what I am doing wrong to reproduce the bug?  Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:

I tried it again, this time making sure swmc was not running on the local host, so that it complained about not being able to connect when I installed the plugin.  I then changed the ip to my mediaserver (running on a different machine).  Still had no problem.

Edited by krustyreturns

Disorganise

to replicate my set up I suggest setting the MB plug in to 'release' before you remove it. Also don't use an ip address. ..use localhost.

I don't think there's necessarily a bug in the installer. I imagine downloading server WMC 23 and plug in 16 will work straight away......If you use an ip address. so bug here is that host name or localhost don't work. It just happens that I went to older version before trying an ip address.

As to plug in v 23...I just didn't see that as an option anywhere. I'm guessing that's a MB server thing? iirc I'm on 117.

jrzmurray

Krusty I figured this out.  Win7 resolves localhost by default to ::1 (ipv6).  ServerWMC only listens on the ipv4 interface (0.0.0.0), so localhost will not work.  Your system may have ipv6 disabled so you would not be able to duplicate this.

scarecrow420

Hi jzrmurray, are you still running an older ServerWMC version?  We already determined IPV6 to be the issue and produced a new build that handles IPV6 and IPV4... in fact I think there has been another new release after that one, so you are probably 2 versions behind now :)

Thanks for the feedback though!  Please try the latest build and let us know if it fixes things for you on IPV6

jrzmurray

Good point. I was obviously able to work around the issue, but I am running an older version due to the other known issue which prevents the service from starting (file not found or something). I found that issue on another thread on the ServerWMC home. Not that it matters at this point until clients support live TV. :)

swhitmore

Hey guys, I'm not sure what's changed on my setup, but after installing the latest version, everything is working for me now. Thank you!