Does Android Client work on Nook HD or HD+?

trpltongue

trpltongue

Hey all,

I've recently installed MB3 server on my win7 machine and have been streaming to my nook via the web interface.  Unfortunately I have had a few instances of the web client simply stopping playback with an error message so I was wondering if the android client might work better?  I have both a nook HD and a nook HD+ and while great devices, they can be a bit "finicky" when it comes to apps.  Does anyone know if the android MB3 client works on a nook HD or HD+, and is it much different than the web interface?

Thanks

Edited by trpltongue

shaefurr

The Android app is quite a bit different from the web interface as its designed for android devices, it works great on my galaxy tab 2 though, definitely recommend it. I'd love to check on my nook, but Ive had 3 and they all have charging/battery issues :P

You have 15 minutes after buying an app in the play store to try it and still get a refund to try it real quick, does the Nook still use its own app store and not the google play store? If so you'd have to see if MB even on there, that was a big problem I had with the Nook is a lot of android apps wern't available. If it isnt on there you'd have to root the Nook first to get the regular play store.

christoph86

I have a nook hd that we recently bought. I haven't tried the app on it yet, but I do use the app on my phone and it works well. nook hd is now open to the google play store so getting the app isn't an issue. I will try it tonight if I can get it away from my boy for a bit. I'll let you know how it goes.

trpltongue

shaefurr,

I didn't realize there was a 15min grace period on play store apps.  That's good to know.  As christoph86 mentioned, the nook now has access to Google Play and the app is on there.  I just wasn't sure if it was working or if there was a fundamental difference in how the app behaves vs. the web client. 

Christoph86,

If you have a chance to test it out a bit, I'd love to hear how it works (or doesn't).

Thanks

christoph86

So I watched two tv episodes on it and didn't have any errors. I did have a few instances where the show stopped for a couple seconds before it resumed, but I may need to lower my bitrate a bit. Using the native player. These were WTV files so they were being transcoded by my server. One thing there was an issue, when I muted the show within player and then unmuted the sound never came back, I had to restart the show. Not sure why that occurred. But otherwisee seemed to play pretty well. Going to try some more files this weekend. The android app has been pretty solid for me overall so I think its worth the few bucks, especially when live tv comes to the app and if you have multiple android clients