Emby Theatre no longer detects premiere key

troyscorer

troyscorer

I had a power cut today and when my systems came back online, my Emby Theatre no longer plays content, instead it has a popover screen telling me i dont have a premiere key and will only play 1 min of video.

I checked my server and the key is still loaded, i uninstalled the key, restarted the server, and reinstalled the key, verifying that it was still working (lifetime key)

I also unistalled theatre using the wipe all trace option and reinstalled.

theatre still thinks there is no key. 

Theatre is running on win7 (has been for about 12 months) with no issues prior to today

Server is running on Ubuntu

Playback is otherwise fine from Chrome

Regards

kayoemby

I had a power cut today and when my systems came back online, my Emby Theatre no longer plays content, instead it has a popover screen telling me i dont have a premiere key and will only play 1 min of video.

I checked my server and the key is still loaded, i uninstalled the key, restarted the server, and reinstalled the key, verifying that it was still working (lifetime key)

I also unistalled theatre using the wipe all trace option and reinstalled.

theatre still thinks there is no key. 

Theatre is running on win7 (has been for about 12 months) with no issues prior to today

Server is running on Ubuntu

Playback is otherwise fine from Chrome

Regards

I have the same problem EXCEPT that this is a fresh installation of Emby Theater on Windows 10 machine with no prior emby theater. No problem connecting to server. Just won't detect that I have premiere. Checked on the server, clicked saved again (on the premiere tab) and still no success. No problem playing from chrome, Fire tv app or my kodi addon on fire tv. Emby server is running on Windows server 2012.

Emby theater on Windows seems to be running smoothly, a big big shame about this premiere problem.

Oh yeah, I also have a lifetime subscription. Quite discouraging this problem.

Edited by kayoemby

YoShiiro

Hi

+1 To 

I got the same problem, i'm on ET (App Xbox One), and now he ask me to buy emby premiere. But it works on the server and through my Android App

zWHofC6.png

There's an issue on our admin server, we're looking into it and will update you when there's a resolution. Thanks.

WhackOBill

Just to be clear, it seems like having a Premier key installed on the server is useless if one's network is out since the server seems to need to call home all of the time.  Yes?  If my LAN is up and I want to view something on an iOS device but my WAN link is down ... I won't be able to play it on the device, correct?

Just to be clear, it seems like having a Premier key installed on the server is useless if one's network is out since the server seems to need to call home all of the time.  Yes?  If my LAN is up and I want to view something on an iOS device but my WAN link is down ... I won't be able to play it on the device, correct?

No, the server and apps will remember the information and only need to periodically re-evaluate. As long as they can occasionally get out to the internet you'll be fine.

WhackOBill

No, the server and apps will remember the information and only need to periodically re-evaluate. As long as they can occasionally get out to the internet you'll be fine.

Thanks for the clarification.