How to trigger RecordingStatusChanged event

pünktchen

Spaceboy

Sorry!!! It took longer than expected, but here's something:

I've created two hidden tasks. One of these is always enabled and checks every minute if the number of recordings has changed. If yes, then RecordingStatusChanged event is triggered

and hopefully your recordings get refreshed with mediainfo.

The other task is only enabled if you have enabled "caching of timers" in the advanced plugin settings. This task runs every 15 minutes to refresh and cache all timers. I've completely overhauled the caching

and you should see great performance improvements in every screen, especially if you have lots of schedules.

Also there's a new setting in the program options of the plugin to use channel logos as program images.

At least there's a new setting in the recording options that i could not test that much because the Android TV app shows some strange values when trying to seek.

And of course the attached version has some fixes for bugs that nobody ever noticed :o

Please test all aspects of the plugin. Playback of tv, finished and inprogress recordings. Timer creation, modification and deletion. Just everything :lol:

Thanks! I'm away at present but I'll check this and the profiles you posted next weekend

• 3 months later...
Spaceboy

can we also continue this. i think with the changes punktchen made to the MP plugin there has been some improvement on the timely availability of the length of a recording after it has finished so that you can play back directly. however its still not great. its not happening automatically until sometime after the recording has finished, but manually refreshing (by continually entering and exiting the recordings menu) does work more consistently but still can take 4 or 5 times.

the recordings row in the main menu of the Android TV app is even slower to be available. i guess the level of refresh for existing items is much less frequent here?

also another thing i notice is that for some items the epg metadata is never brought through to the recording detail screen. for example i'm looking at a recording from over 12 hours ago and the program overview and genre are not there. if i look back slightly further to recordings 16 hours ago it is. other more recent recordings do have the metadata. its just quite inconsistent 

i guess i should also note that the episode data is all there in MP, as i am sure that will be asked

can anything be done to improve this?

thanks

Edited by Spaceboy