Please do some Massive improvements to Roku app now that Roku bug is fixed

jayw654

Hopefully it won't be a dark theme but a lighter theme something like emby for Apple tv.

Possibly in the future but the first iteration will be much like all other channels on these devices.  The only reason the Apple TV is different is because the default presentation on the device itself is that way.  But, even Apple realized that most people prefer darker themes on large screens in dark rooms so they added a dark option in iOS 10 (our app always had a dark option).

Possibly in the future but the first iteration will be much like all other channels on these devices.  The only reason the Apple TV is different is because the default presentation on the device itself is that way.  But, even Apple realized that most people prefer darker themes on large screens in dark rooms so they added a dark option in iOS 10 (our app always had a dark option).

I love the lighter themes but that is probable because I just got used to them I am very long time user of WMC and love that blue colour and on all my Rpi I use a lighter Kodi skin so emby is the odd one out. Where my TV's are they are all in well lit rooms. Anyway looking forward to the new app.

catskinsox

We are building an all-new Roku app with an all-new design and a new set of capabilities.

Thanks for the hard work.  I don't suppose there is any ballpark ETA?  

Just want to ask anyone else with this issues if a watch something it starts reasonable quickly than i get loading please wait and takes very long for something to start playing than again it will get stuck with loading please wait. Live tv also doesnt work even with the new roku update I will wait for the new app and see if there is improvements. Since roku doesnt have mpeg2 there is not much use unless i get a faster computer for transcoding.

Since the 7.5 firmware update, I have also noticed that some videos will start for a second and then you get the "Loading" again until it is truly ready to play.  I think maybe they are starting playback before the buffer has really filled to a proper capacity.  There aren't any documented ways to control this but we'll look into it.

The live TV problem is fixed by a subsequent Roku firmware update (7.5.4099).

• 1 month later...