Google Home and Emby?

dannieboiz

cw-kid

I just asked the Google Mini in the lounge to change the player.

But it still does not mention my Android tablet with the Emby app open on it as a player to select.

cw-kid

Just saw your edit. Your Android tablet with the Emby app using an admin account different to the Emby account associated to Google Home? Is it the same user used in the web GUI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@Angelblue05

On all our Emby devices they all use the same user name which is called "Kodi".

That Emby user is an admin user also.

But I also have another Emby user under my own first name. I dont really ever use that user however.

All the remote access users have their own Emby user account.

But for us here at this house I just log in to all the Emby apps as that one user called "Kodi".

In the users area in the Emby dashboard the "Kodi" user is linked to Emby connect.

So I must have used a different email address for that.

As the other user thats in my own name thats linked to Emby connect also with my regular email address which is the one I gave you.

cw-kid

@@Angelblue05

The email address used to register the "Kodi" user to Emby connect. (I cant even remember what email address I used now?).

That email address whatever it was, is not linked to Google Home devices in anyway.

cw-kid

@@Angelblue05

I remember some of it now, how I set it up.

1. All remote users have their own Emby user / Emby connect account.

2. My wife and kids have their own Emby user / Emby connect accounts and these are used on the Emby app on their own devices.

3. I have two accounts one in my name with my email address that I dont use.

Then I have another Emby account called "Kodi" linked to some other email address, that I used on all the Kodi test PCs and I also use this account on the Emby apps on my own devices, like on my Android tablet.

Both of my Emby accounts are admin users over the Emby server.

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

@@Luke

Also the Alexa skill is no longer listing my Android tablet with the Emby app open on it, as a client device that the Alexa skill can connect to. So its not just the Google Home beta service with that problem.

I need to confirm with @@Angelblue05 as I have registered my own email address for the GH beta linking. But I am actually using a different email address as my login account in to Emby apps.

So not sure if there would be an issue there or not?

However for the Alexa skill that use to detect Emby client apps when you asked it to "set the default player" and now currently it is not, for me at least.

Both Google Home beta service and the Alexa skill are only giving me options to set the default player as either Kodi (native) or Squeezebox DLNA devices.

shred00

The real world usefulness (for me at least) will be interesting to see.

That's because I usually don't know what I want to watch when I sit down in front of the TV.  I usually browse through what I have available and then decide based on what I see.

I do the same with Netflix in fact, until I have found something I want to watch, and then at subsequent binging sittings of that show, I might use Google Home to tell it to play the next episode of show name on the Chromecasted TV.  But once I am done with said show, I will end up going back to a visual browse.

What's different with Emby and television shows is that they are being recorded weekly from the PVR and so there isn't much binge watching as the episodes are watched weekly as they are recorded.  Sometimes we might get as many as two or three stacked up, but not usually more, so again, the binge-watching factor is definitely less.

So perhaps some action phrases like "What TV shows do I have to watch?" where you get a list of shows and perhaps how many episodes are available would be useful.  One would probably want to interrupt the reading of the list though when one hears of a show one wants to watch though.  Not sure how doable that is.  My experience is that GH responds pretty well to "stop" or "shut up" when it's blathering.  It would be good not to have to say "stop" or "shut up" but just give it another command like "watch tv show ..." to have it stop reading the list and start a show.

1ntroduc3

I can't get it working to stream to my google chromecast or TV (android tv with cast build-in). Only DLNA devices are showing up to choose for as "devices" When i check on Emby through phone or web app, it shows my chromecasts (when home).

cw-kid

I can't get it working to stream to my google chromecast or TV (android tv with cast build-in). Only DLNA devices are showing up to choose for as "devices" When i check on Emby through phone or web app, it shows my chromecasts (when home).

Same here so its not just me having this problem.