Google Home and Emby?

dannieboiz

Angelblue05

Good. I don't really want to say when beta will be available because I blew through my last date :) (encountered unexpected issues)

But we are getting really close to beta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
1ntroduc3

Good. I don't really want to say when beta will be available because I blew through my last date :) (encountered unexpected issues)

But we are getting really close to beta.

Great, hopefully it's not a closed beta that's too close for me 2 participate haha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

It is closed beta, but only because it's the only way beta works.

Alright guys, just pm your google home email if you want to help test. First person to reach out to me will be my "guinea pig". I'll write up a quick way to get setup once everything is figured out.

Await for further instruction later today. I will put a quick guide together. Thank you for your patience :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

1ntroduc3

Great!!!

It is closed beta, but only because it's the only way beta works.

Alright guys, just pm your google home email if you want to help test. First person to reach out to me will be my "guinea pig". I'll write up a quick way to get setup once everything is figured out.

Await for further instruction later today. I will put a quick guide together. Thank you for your patience :)

clarkss12

Pick me!!! Pick me!!!  Pick me!!!   One issue I have, is that when I ask my Google Assistant to do something with Emby, it thinks I say EB.  Maybe one out of ten times will she will understand me, for instance I keep asking her to "Open Emby".

cw-kid

Pick me!!! Pick me!!!  Pick me!!!   One issue I have, is that when I ask my Google Assistant to do something with Emby, it thinks I say EB.  Maybe one out of ten times will she will understand me, for instance I keep asking her to "Open Emby".

You mean with Alexa it does that? 

I had the same problem, in the UK there is no voice training so I had to keep marking the cards in the Alexa app as incorrect and also kept sending feedback back to Amazon eventually it learnt the word "Emby". 

I hope we don't have the same problem with Google Assistant ?

1ntroduc3

I had the same problem, in the UK there is no voice training so I had to keep marking the cards in the Alexa app as incorrect and also kept sending feedback back to Amazon eventually it learnt the word "Emby". 

I'm testing, and it's working to call emby and actually hear emby. Maybe the Google intelligence is better than the one from amazon? 

Angelblue05

Google Home has better recognition. It even allows me to help define the invocation words by saying it too. Hopefully the issue that exists in Alexa won't exists in GH. We will adjust the Alexa skill at some point. Google Home doesn't accept one word invocation name, so more reason to get it changed in Alexa for consistency.

Edited by Angelblue05

clarkss12

I am talking about my Google Assistant (Bertha).

clarkss12

It is my Google Assistant (Bertha) that can't understand my pronunciation of Emby.......  Perhaps we can give Emby an alias?

Angelblue05

It is called emby home. I've not had issues with it, but If that gives you difficulties we will adjust to something else.

1ntroduc3

One time it flashed emby quickly, then went to MB.  

For me, emby home works 10 out of 10 times when the plugin is actually enabled. If emby is not enabled on gogole assistant, it does not. So just test it as it's out in the open, for me no issues with pronunciation

cw-kid

Hi guys ! 

OK I have linked the test Google Home service for Emby following Angelblue05 instructions. 

No problems so far opening the service when asking for "Emby Home". 

However when saying "Change the player" its not listing any of my Android tablets with the Emby app open on them, as possible client devices it can connect to. 

Its only listing Kodi DLNA and Squeezebox devices that are all currently turned off. 

Anyone else having issues with it not list client devices running an Emby client app ? 

Thanks. 

1ntroduc3

Can you compare to what the Play to (upper right, rectangle shaped) returns in your webclient?

I have the same issue. Maybe because of ports of chromecast that are not forwarded? NO idea, but my dlna always shows up (also from external locations) while only when im home, the chromecast and cast TV plugin are visible.

cw-kid

Can you compare to what the Play to (upper right, rectangle shaped) returns in your webclient?

@@Angelblue05

If on my Android tablet in the Emby app I click the cast button it lists everything!

It lists all the native Kodi boxes as DLNA.

It lists all my emulated Logitech Squeezeboxes.

It lists all the Google Home speaker devices and Chromecast devices and their audio groups.

It lists that remote FireTV stick running Kodi with the Emby addon.

If instead on the same tablet, I open up the Emby web GUI in Chrome browser. When I click the "Play On" / cast button in there, it lists less devices.

The Google Home speaker devices are missing and there is only one Chromecast device. The Google audio groups are also missing.

Edited by cw-kid
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you connect to your server externally, and test the same, seeing what device it lists?

Angelblue05

Just saw your edit. Your Android tablet with the Emby app using an admin account different to the Emby account associated to Google Home? Is it the same user used in the web GUI?

cw-kid

Can you connect to your server externally, and test the same, seeing what device it lists?

Ok on my cell phone turned off Wifi.

Opened Emby web GUI in Chrome browser.

Its listing only Kodi DLNA devices and Squeezebox DLNA devices and that remote FireTV stick running Kodi with the Emby addon.

All the Google Home speaker devices, chromecast devices and Google audio groups are NOT listed.

Also my Android tablet with the Emby app open is listed this time.

I dont have the Android Emby app on my cell phone so can't test that right now.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Well once you see the device, using an external connection, Google Home should also fall into place.

@@Luke any idea what could be causing a difference like this?