Scan media library failed

tgmcpa

Thanks, I appreciate all you are doing. I really want this to work, so I'm happy to help any way I can.

Did the complete uninstall, installed the new release, and it got farther, but the library scan still failed. The error it keeps throwing is "input string was not in a correct format".  Log file attached...

Thanks again, hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday !

Tom

server-63615542400 copy.txt

Randy Kerr

I have Windows 10, and have, also, had several frustrating days of library scan fails: "Invalid Unicode code point found at index 11. Parameter name: strInput"

I attached the relevant log section.

Updating emby server had no effect.

Help!  thank you,

Randy

emby_error.txt

I have Windows 10, and have, also, had several frustrating days of library scan fails: "Invalid Unicode code point found at index 11. Parameter name: strInput"

I attached the relevant log section.

Updating emby server had no effect.

Help!  thank you,

Randy

Hi Randy,

I'm resolving this issue for the next release of Emby Server, thanks ! It will be in tomorrow's beta if you would like to try that. Keep in mind the beta is a work in progress and the upgrade experience might not be seamless at this stage.

Luke

The file you posted on 11/26 did allow the media library scan to complete successfully. The scan took over 36 hours, but it did complete. I'm slowly adding plugins, one at a time, to see how that works. I'll keep you posted if anything misbehaves.

Thanks again for all your help, and your work on this !

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

The new release is on the website. To anyone who installed these testing versions, I would suggest installing the stable release on top of your existing version. Thanks.