Scan media library failed

tgmcpa

Everything was working fine, was really loving the app, then something changed. I have no idea what, but library scans started failing to complete.  Details below, but high-level version: Emby server, current version (had same issue on previous version, tried updating, error continued), running server on iMac, w/ 24TB WD EX4 NAS; 1 TV with Emby for Kodi plugin for Amazon FireTV Stick; Emby Android app on phone.

I'm a newbie to Emby, but will try to provide as much info as I can to hopefully get to a solution, as I love Emby so far ! I'm happy to provide any missing info, so all help sincerely appreciated.

Current setup:

Server: iMac, late 2013, running OSX El Capitan Ver. 10.11.6; Processor - 3.2GHz Intel Core i5; Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024MB

NAS - WD EX4, 24TB, w/2 media folders in library: EX4_Movies - approx 6400 movie folders ; EX4_TV_Shows - approx 60 folders (not certain on overall sizes/file counts, but library size is roughtly 12 TB)

Log file attached.

All help sincerely appreciated, I really love the overall functionality, and really want this to work...

Thanks

Tom

server-63614627320 copy.txt

Edited by tgmcpa

Hi, welcome. Sorry to hear about this. I don't actually see a library scan in this log. I do see some errors with the realtime monitor but it is recovering from them. Can you try running a library scan and then attach the server log from that timeframe? Thanks !

I restarted Emby server, and immediately clicked on 'Scheduled Tasks', and selected the Library Scan.  After running some errands, when I got back the dashboard indicated the scan failed.  Attached is the log since the restart...

Really appreciate the help !

Tom

server-63614636112 copy.txt

Hi, thanks for the report, this has been resolved for the next release. If this is preventing basic use of your Emby Server then let me know and I can try to set you up with a dev release. Thanks !

wow, thanks ! that was fast !

I am totally unable to use Emby other than on my iMac/server, downstairs in the office, so it is unusable from either my phone or the TV in the bedroom....dev release would not be necessary unless the next release is going to be much later....

thanks again,  I really appreciate the help. I love this app, and am trying to get it in play throughout my house.

Tom

I think I'm going through withdrawal, I need my Emby.....   :(

If there is any chance of getting a dev release I would appreciate it...I have tons of company coming in for the weekend, and want to show off my setup...if possible.

Thanks again, and thanks for a great app !

Tom

Ok, I will build it for you tonight. Keep in mind that your dev version number is going to be really far ahead of the stable channel, which means you won't get notified about new stable releases. For this reason it's going to important that you monitor our announcements on your own for new stable releases at least until the following stable release. Otherwise you could end up being stuck on this dev build for a long time until the stable channel version eventually catches up.

• Like 1

My library scan is also getting stuck and has done since the last update, so I'm tempted to use this dev version too.

If I run this version as soon as an update appears will it install just like it normally does without having to rollback something?

preliminary update - I totally deleted prior installation, including entire emby server folder, then installed the dev release you provided. Went thru setup, added media folders, and it crashed on first library scan. Now trying to shut down other disk-intensive processes, removed the largest media (movies) folder, cleaning the database, and will then try to re-scan the single media folder. Will update with results later today. If it fails again, my plan will be to shut down emby, then restart and try an immediate library scan, so we will have a relatively clean log file. I'll send that clean log file if it crashes again.

Thanks, again, for all the help.

Tom 

I had a dig around my logs and think I may have found an issue with Emby.Kodi Sync Queue plugin. If I disable it, then restart, my library scans all the way through. 

Started over with a totally new installation, no plugins. Added TV media folder, the scan started and went almost immediately to 9.4%, sat there for 5 or 6 minutes before incrementing to 9.5%, has been there for 45 minutes.... Still waiting.....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

thanks again, bud.  So, starting like before, completely fresh install: deleted entire emby-servier folder, along with prior emby app in applications folder, then installed new release....will keep you posted.  I did notice there is no 'Restart' button on the dashboard...is that intentional ?

Tom

Failed again.  I did try something different, after the first failure on this release.  I've been using Chrome as my browser, so I thought about trying Safari to see if it made a difference.  So once again, I did a complete uninstall, then reinstalled the last release you sent, and started it up with Safari instead of Chrome.  It actually looked like it was going to work; it hung at 15.0% for a long time, then jumped to 60%, and was slowly incrementing the completion percentage.  I finally had to go to bed, but when I woke up, the library scan had failed.  I tried to restart the scan several times, but it failed immediately every time.  So, log attached....

Tried to install that last release, the wizard never opened, so I shut it down and tried again.  Wizard still never opened, so I checked the logs, found some 'unhandled exception" files, one for each time I tried to start the newest release.  Log file and 'unhandled exception' files attached.

Tom

unhandled_e39de37a-c4cc-4775-911f-62f59774157f.txt

server-63615274867.txt