auto box sets - handling when sets are already present and duplicate/alternative movies

elcabong

elcabong

first off, thanks for this plugin, it has saved me a ton of time re-sorting my box set folders manually.  i have just 2 issues ive found so far.

1.  if there is currently a box set created, the plugin will not recognize this, and create another one that is the same..  I tested by manually doing 2 box sets, and these are duplicated now.

2.  if there are duplicates/alternatives for a movie, only the first one that gets scanned gets put into the set.  for instance, I recently started getting some 3d content, so i have both the 2d and 3d version of iron man 3 for instance.  in the boxset that i created, i have all 4 titles, 1, 2, 3, & 3 3d.  but in the duplicate (see 1) boxset autocreated for iron man, i only see 3 titles, 1, 2, 3.  it seems that once a movie in a set has been found, it stops looking for others.  I see the benefits of stopping the search after 1 match is found as well as my request for alternative versions, i hope logistically it isnt too hard to implement.

Both of those are by design.

For number 1 - the plug-in is designed to do this automatically, so just delete any manual box sets you have.  The idea is that you should never need to create box sets manually again (unless they are custom).

For number 2 - this is also on purpose but maybe I will change it.  My thinking was that people would not want multiples of the same movie showing.  I'm not sure yet how hard it will be to change this.  If it means I have to come up with a different naming scheme for the links it could be a problem.

elcabong

#1, understood, il remove the 2 boxsets i was testing with, glad i didnt do more manually..

for #2, i hope you implement multiple versions of each movie in the boxsets..  i like the boxset feature because it easily groups all the movies of that set, even if they are across the alphabet in the sort order (planet of the apes, rise of the planet of the apes, beginning of the planet of the apes, etc) and it would be awesome if it could group the different versions so i can quickly check to ensure i already or dont already have a 3d version, or dubbed vs subtitle version of the same movie..