Why isn't Emby available in the Samsung store for all countries?

eddienanousi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

netinhofsa

I think that I also buy a license to use some feature that does not limit the use for subscribers and is not so for applications what would change?

I think that I also buy a license to use some feature that does not limit the use for subscribers and is not so for applications what would change?

Sorry I don't quite understand what you're asking? Can you describe your question a little bit more? Thanks.

netinhofsa

Sorry I don't quite understand what you're asking? Can you describe your question a little bit more? Thanks.

I made a suggestion in the case of the application
I said that I bought the license of the emby because of the premier features so I could do the same with the tv application because this helps a lot because most uses on tv, already have a good time waiting for this app from tv because I really like emby but then I will end up changing to plex because it never leaves the application you have to review this concept of the release before losing more user and this what I wanted to say.

groover

I made a suggestion in the case of the application
I said that I bought the license of the emby because of the premier features so I could do the same with the tv application because this helps a lot because most uses on tv, already have a good time waiting for this app from tv because I really like emby but then I will end up changing to plex because it never leaves the application you have to review this concept of the release before losing more user and this what I wanted to say.

This is what actually I did. To have the server right on my Samsung TV keeping my local apps I've been forced to switch to plex, even if I own a premier lifetime account on emby. double money spent...

PS Plex do not support officially IPTV, that is good for Samsung policies in Italy (unofficially there is a plugin, but it is not so good. IPTV is still better with an android box)

netinhofsa

This is what actually I did. To have the server right on my Samsung TV keeping my local apps I've been forced to switch to plex, even if I own a premier lifetime account on emby. double money spent...

PS Plex do not support officially IPTV, that is good for Samsung policies in Italy (unofficially there is a plugin, but it is not so good. IPTV is still better with an android box)

In my case I do not call IPTV I have a license from emby premiere I love emby panel but I only use for series and movies so I do not understand the fact of not releasing the global application because of IPTV ban if the foundation of the emby is series and personal movies my personal opinion was to take it for granted that we would have more customer if the application of the tv application was global and we would have to help the project more and more and grow.

I 'm prenium member too, and i will not switch to plex , because i use my emby android phone app to stream on my samsung tv.

I'm still waiting for native app on tv, but may be, it's better to remove (officialy) iptv support and doing it on background "not officially" ; personaly iptv support is not important for me.

• 4 weeks later...
JohnWhitmore

Have there been any updates or developments? I am in NZ and use the Freeview Ondemand app on my Samsung TV a lot so switching to a different country is not an option. I am looking at getting an AndroidTV box just so I can use emby.

• 2 weeks later...
michaelverhoeven

Wow, this is interesting. Samsung requires payment from 3rd party content providers? That's such a bad idea imho.
A percentage of the profit for paid apps, that I get. Like Google Play. But this!? It hinders progress and platform support.  

Are there certain situations when they do require it and when they don't?

Just an idea but if that were the case you could perhaps develop a "Lite" app without the features they request payment for, unless this would be useless to anyone. 

Me myself, I use it as a DLNA client that keeps track of where I was in a video and fetches the metadata and artwork etc. No Live services such as VOD services, no channels, ... .

I thinks there are many like me unless they are all using a different service, which would be a shame for them.

i too wouldnt mind a cut down version with no streaming services, channels etc...

Also, isnt emby already available on Samsungs US store? surely it wouldnt be hard to negotiate for the rest of the world....

Yes, I'd gladly pay for the app. I have a lifetime Plex pass but the only thing keeping me there right now is the fact that I don't have Emby for Samsung. How is this working with Samsung? You didn't have to pay for the other countries where Emby is available? Make it a premiere feature if needed, I'l buy a premiere key anyway if I'm switching from Plex but please make it available for Samsung, pretty please with a cherry on top :D

Edited by deme74

@@Luke

I just remembered that since December geo blocking is not allowed in EU anymore. Details here https://eur-lex.europa.eu/content/news/geo-blocking-regulation-enters-into-force.html

So the way I see it, as long as it's offered in UK and Ireland Samsung has to release it for all the EU countries. This regulation is new but this is why they have a legal department. I think you should raise this issue with them.

UK in a couple of months should not be EU anymore...
Ireland... we are talking about north Ireland or Republic of Ireland? in first case is Brexit again.

UK in a couple of months should not be EU anymore...

Ireland... we are talking about north Ireland or Republic of Ireland? in first case is Brexit again.

Lol, true...

Republic of Ireland of course.

@@Luke

Is paying for the app in Samsung's store a real possibility? I really wouldn't mind a one time payment for the Tizen app. I've been playing with Emby for a week now, got Premiere for a month to see all the features and I really like it but the Samsung app is a deal breaker for me. I'm in a very bad spot with a crippled Plex app and an unavailable Emby app and I really don't want to spend money on streaming devices just for this when I have Netflix and HBO GO running just fine on the TV and pushing an extra device on family and friends is not a good idea.

thanks for the help and all the time you put into this.

michaelverhoeven

You could just use the DLNA feature from Emby and access the files through the tv's built-in client (dlna shows up when you go to sources, depending on your sofware version)

It's not as quick, user friendly or elegant, but it can get the job done for streaming your own files to your tv.

Edited by michaelverhoeven

You could just use the DLNA feature from Emby and access the files through the tv's built-in client

Yes, I’m doing that for my 4K with the DLNA from Plex but if DLNA would be enough we wouldn’t be here, would we? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk