Why isn't Emby available in the Samsung store for all countries?

eddienanousi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

No update. We are still waiting on Samsung to review and release our latest updates. Once that happens then we can submit the app change request for worldwide. Unfortunately we can't have both things going on simultaneously.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We still need one more app update to get approved and then we can submit the worldwide request. Thanks.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Marc Morisse

Hi guys,

I am very sorry, but I am a premium member since many years, used Emby on old E series and now waiting for > 2 years to be able to use on my Tizen main TV.

I have been waiting patiently for 2 years, but when I see that "Samsung Country Division wants it's share for every Premium membership of Emby" that kinds of make me upset, because I, premium Customer, paid my membership and I am being taken into hostage? Is there any way we can put pressure on Samsung? Is there any Samsung Competitor TV that allows using Emby native for non US/UK/Irish Customers? Or after two years, isn't it time to simply place the app somewhere to allow us Customers to get what we paid for? Don't get me wrong, I love Emby, but this is just ridiculous after > 2 years waiting.

PS: and no, switching your TV to US store is NOT an option, because Samsung TV will not allow you to run Apps from different stores, so, for the sake of Emby, I would have to lose all my local apps

Thanks,

Marc

• Like 2

Yes you can let Samsung know on Twitter that you'd like them to make it easier for app developers to publish apps worldwide:

https://twitter.com/samsungtv

The only app store more difficult than this is Sony PS4.

I can update you on latest proceedings, we are actively talking with Samsung. All app changes that they requested have finally made it's way into releases, so that is the first thing that needed to happen. Now i need to submit the world-wide request, but first I have to wait for the new Samsung rep we are dealing with to get up to speed. So much time has passed here that the previous rep has moved on from their position and I am talking with a new one now who is getting up to speed on our email history. So I am waiting for them to respond again, and obviously hoping that all previous agreements will be honored. Thanks.

• Like 2

Just keep reminding them once a week in a friendly manner... backed up with the amount of Emby users or future Emby users who have a Samsung tv and they should eventually speed up the process :) fingers crossed!

Marc Morisse

Thanks Luke, I am sure you guys are pushing, but it obviosuly is not working, or Samsung is just playing us after > 2 years.

https://twitter.com/samsungtv is just a general Samsung Twitter account, which is most probably moderated by them, so I do not see how on earth this would change anything, especially for such general request as "Make it easier for Developer to publish Apps worldwide", would be the same as posting on Microsoft Twitter that we want cosing Windows Apps to be easier => It wont go anywhere.

How about:

1. Making an online petition for all Tizen Emby international Users?

We could make a post here to request Samsung to please take care of letting Emby be available to interantional Users after two years.

We should get at least a few hundreds or thousands of names then send this to Samsung at once.

2. We could each send the same email to Samsung complaints department, after a few hundreds they would probably start taking notice

3. It must be a debug mode on these TV's that allow a developer to run his code for testing. 

Until Samsung finally reacts, please deliver this workarsdound to us, so that we canat least use Emby and use our Netflix, Canal+, Sky, Molotov, xxx, local apps.

Again, I am not complaining about you (Emby) guys, I am sure you try hard, but it is now obvious that Samsung is playing you/us with this.

Not to mention how much marketshare you lose to Plex or any other solutions that are available on the Samsung international stores, this is just totally unfair.

Thanks for your help,

Kind Regards,

Marc

• Like 2

Devdroid

Jesus. Thinking about getting a Samsung, but this is awful.  

@@Luke which TV brand is the best to work with? LG? 

Edited by Devdroid

• 3 weeks later...
PeterAndersson

I'm a potential premium customer, love the software! But this is a deal breaker for me.

Why on earth are Samsung so slow with this!

If i may, the reason why Samsung Tizen OS is really slow with publishing new and/or updating apps is because they have pretty high standards.
Or in other words, every developer has to meet every single criteria Samsung comes up with.
Next to that, Samsung is testing the apps themselfs first before publishing it in the store, which is costing even more time.

Now, in theory this sounds great because there are TV companies who just automaticly forward the new and/or updated app to their store, which can cause issues.

Unfortunately with Tizen OS it goes really slow and is more a pain in the butt then anything else, for both end-users and developers.

Samsung has a lot of great features like the quality of the screen and cases, but the store is without a doubt not one of then.
Other companies arent even publishing apps for Tizen OS, think about Synology and such, i believe for these reasons.

Emby accerly does make more then an effort (at least from what i read and experience) to make it work on the Tizen, which i really appreciate.

And hey, you can always hook-up an SBC.

If you biggest rival (you know which one) can release beta builds on usb install why can't you give us european users the install file we need?

Edited by Hessia

FrostByte

If you biggest rival (you know which one) can release beta builds on usb install why can't you give us european users the install file we need?

Are you referring to their Orsay beta app which isn't actually developed by you know who, but "by a talented community developer" and available to Premium users only for download?

If you are, then Emby has that too.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
maaraneasi

Is there any progress?

I can't change the tv region because I use other apps that would stop working so this is a big show stopper for me...

I am going to migrate from plex but I really need replace the app on all the devices used in my household :(

• 1 month later...

I think that if you do not cut from the app the chance to play IPTV, you will never publish in some markets as Italy. Samsung cleaned the app market from any IPTV app, due to piracy issues with Sky platform.
Make a limited version app without IPTV and the app will be released, in Italy we have plex app on the store, why not emby?
I prefer to have emby without IPTV, than not having emby at all

Edited by groover
  • Like 2

That's not the issue. One of the issues right now is cost, meaning we have to pay Samsung in order to be able to release worldwide. So that is something we are negotiating with them. Thanks.

• Like 1

lejared

How much is it? And is it a one time payment or recurring? Maybe some "worldwide"-users would like to donate that money if it is an reachable amount and would speed up worldwide release?