Why isn't Emby available in the Samsung store for all countries?

eddienanousi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

This is wonderful and works amazingly! Thank you for the work that has been put into this.

groover

It works fine, browsing is faster than Plex (much more faster), playback gives no problems at all.
The only problem that I have is with live TV using a m3u list, maybe it has too much channels so it loads very very slowly and when I start playback after a couple of minutes the audio disapper and start looping the video frames.
It is a pity I would cut my android box if it works

Edited by groover

memc

Thanks Luke. Been waiting a long time for this. Now don't have to rely on Plex for the Samsung TV.

Live TV with m3u is unusable though. Just too slow. Have to wait a few seconds after pressing a button on the remote to see a response.

• 2 months later...
miuipower

Hello @@Luke a question how is the theme of emby in store europe? I have installed by usb asks me to update how would I have to update it in the usb link is it always updated? Would it be the same procedure? excuse my English

Edited by miuipower

FrostByte

Hello @@Luke a question how is the theme of emby in store europe? I have installed by usb asks me to update how would I have to update it in the usb link is it always updated? Would it be the same procedure? excuse my English

There is no automatic update if installing from USB. 

Just delete the old version and then follow the same instructions you did last time from the pinned post in here. 

Right now that update message you see is just a simple reminder set on a timer for you to look for an update after the first day of the month.

Just delete the old version and then follow the same instructions

It's very irritating you know. Every time the app updates the user needs to log in into his account on Emby server. For someone without password it can be not so difficult but when you have 16+ symbols including special chars in your password it's somewhat annoying to enter them from standard TV remote. I'm using physical keyboard every time.

I'm not saying that having developer's package for USB installation is not good but it's temporary solution. Official app store problem needs to be dealt with.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

every time I start Emby on my Samsung TV I get mesage Theris new version of this app and please downlad it from.... 

what do I have to do... I have instaled latest Emby beta server and I have instal EMBY from usb 2.0 on my Samsung TV

please for help... it is very anoing... :(  

every time I start Emby on my Samsung TV I get mesage Theris new version of this app and please downlad it from.... 

what do I have to do... I have instaled latest Emby beta server and I have instal EMBY from usb 2.0 on my Samsung TV

please for help... it is very anoing... :(  

Hi, just follow the instructions:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74969-samsung-tizen-smarttv-2015-present-beta-app-install-from-usb/

Thanks.

thx for so fast replay... where I can see the version of installed Emby on Samsung TV UE65KS9002 before I will do that... 

In the app settings screen.

I have one sugestion ... it would be nice if the version would be writen near download link... 

Instructions

1. Download this zip file: https://github.com/M...tizen/tizen.zip      (Which version is inside tizen.zip) 
  2. Unzip the contents of the .zip file to a USB 2.0 stick.  Make sure the folder 'userwidget' is in the root of the thumb-drive
  3. Turn on the TV
  4. Plug the thumb-drive into the TV's USB port. 
  5. Installation should start automatically.  You should also see 3 quick messages in the upper right corner of the TV.
  6. Click 'OK' once the installation is complete.
  7. Optional, add the Emby app as a shortcut to Home
  8. Start the App from the Smart Hub.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mine is the " Q60 " model purchased in mainland Europe and I gave quite a bit of thought lately and it's clear to me now that the SamSung app catalog is in different levels of development according to the country you select at setup or better said, the country you're forced to select to. I decided to force the option of " United States Of America " at reset and soon realized the app selection is much better.

Hence, instead of " side-loading " the Emby app, I forced switch over to the US catalog. Thank you.

Edited by fgs

FrostByte

Mine is the " Q60 " model purchased in mainland Europe and I gave quite a bit of thought lately and it's clear to me now that the SamSung app catalog is in different levels of development according to the country you select at setup or better said, the country you're forced to select to. I decided to force the option of " United States Of America " at reset and soon realized the app selection is much better.

Hence, instead of " side-loading " the Emby app, I forced switch over to the US catalog. Thank you.

You certainly can do that if you wish, but there are also many models which are way behind others in releases because the app just isn't getting released to the store by Samsung for various reasons.  For instance my 2018 is still stuck on v.62 while others already have .68 and 69.  Before that my 2018 was stuck on a version which was over 2 years old (the version was already old when released) before Samsung approved an update - so the USB method allows even those of us in the US to keep up with the other models.  The USB method will always be the latest

Edited by FrostByte

RomKnight

Installed the latest version yesterday. It still works like a charm but my issues with subtitle's annoyances like background always on and not proper support for SSA/ASS are still not implemented.

Thanks for the hard work.

PS: but please take care of those 2 issues to really be perfect - for the selfish me of course :) 

• Like 3

Hello,

It's been two years that i was waiting for this app on my Samsung UE55MU9005. The solution with the installation from a USB key works perfectly.

Thanks a lot Luke for your help and Following this subjects since a long time !

Edited by Theduke
  • Like 1

Installed the latest version yesterday. It still works like a charm but my issues with subtitle's annoyances like background always on and not proper support for SSA/ASS are still not implemented.

Thanks for the hard work.

PS: but please take care of those 2 issues to really be perfect - for the selfish me of course :)

Please try the next USB version 

miniliQuid

Just wondering, there is no benefit in installing the USB version, other than that it works with europe settings right?

Cause I pretty much only use my TV as second screen for laptop/PC, or for watching Emby.

Currently I simply use USA region so I can install emby from the store.

Now I have thought about trying the USB version, but I guess there isn't really a benefit to that in my case is there?

Since I hardly use any other apps from the store, I have no need for europe or usa store other than that the USA one gives me access to emby.

Are there other reasons I am unaware of that would make it beneficial for me to use the USB version?

The USB version will almost always be ahead as it takes a long time to get new updates through Samsung review.

miniliQuid

The USB version will almost always be ahead as it takes a long time to get new updates through Samsung review.

Thanks for the swifty reply.

In that case i'll switch as well when I am back on track with other business :)

• Like 1