Why isn't Emby available in the Samsung store for all countries?

eddienanousi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

1 hour ago, JulesC said:

Yes, I helped a family member who has a 2023 Samsung Smart TV who lives in the USA and Emby was not available in their app store. I finally installed it via a USB drive and it works. Any concerns with this approach (i.e. will they have to reinstall every 30 days)? TIA

That approach is fine, but can you please check the store again in a few days.  It's really not that far away now

20 hours ago, SamES said:

That approach is fine, but can you please check the store again in a few days.  It's really not that far away now

I sure will.  Thank you.

Well our new app update was approved by Samsung pretty quickly, so that's good news. Now we just have to wait for them to actually release it, and unfortunately, sometimes this can take a long time, like a month or more. But that's at least progress.

• Like 6

Great News! Emby for Samsung has been updated to 1.6.4 for 2021-2023 models !

For 2019-2020 models, coming soon hopefully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Coloboy

It is now available in the Samsung Tizen Argentina application store.  thank you so much.

Loading subtitles continues to work poorly, especially in heavy movies.  The subtitles do not appear, perhaps several minutes later.  Audio is exchanged without problems.  This occurs in version 1.6.4 on Samsung and LG TVs.  On Google TV it works fine

Edited by Coloboy
Revisión
  • Thanks 1

SamES
1 hour ago, Coloboy said:

Loading subtitles continues to work poorly, especially in heavy movies.  The subtitles do not appear, perhaps several minutes later.  Audio is exchanged without problems.  This occurs in version 1.6.4 on Samsung and LG TVs.  On Google TV it works fine

What type of subtitles are you trying to play?  Can you provide an example?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 1:58 PM, JulesC said:

I sure will.  Thank you.

Sorry for the late update, but Emby for my TV in the US is now available in the Samsung App Store and works perfectly.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
omegahome
On 5/10/2023 at 20:17, Luke said:

¡Una gran noticia! ¡Emby para Samsung se ha actualizado a 1.6.4 para los modelos 2021-2023 !

Para los modelos 2019-2020, con suerte, próximamente.

Hola Luke ! Para Samsung modelos 2017 llegarán actualizaciones? Actualmente solo está disponible la versión 1.2.6

Gracias!

FrostByte
54 minutes ago, omegahome said:

Hola Luke ! Para Samsung modelos 2017 llegarán actualizaciones? Actualmente solo está disponible la versión 1.2.6

Gracias!

No, Samsung will not accept app updates for TVs once they reach 5 years of age.  Once that happens the store will always have the last version submitted before the cutoff.  Unfortunately, you will need to use the usb method if you want to stay current or continue to use 1.2.6.

omegahome
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

No, Samsung no aceptará actualizaciones de aplicaciones para televisores una vez que cumplan 5 años. Una vez que eso suceda, la tienda siempre tendrá la última versión enviada antes de la fecha límite. Desafortunadamente, necesitarás usar el método USB si deseas mantenerte actualizado o continuar usando 1.2.6.

Me resulta un poco extraño, dispongo de otras aplicaciones que sí se actualizan de manera recurrente, por ejemplo, Plex continúa actualizando su app en mi Samsung 🤔🤔

La única forma de actualizar es hacerlo por USB cada 30 días 

FrostByte
34 minutes ago, omegahome said:

Me resulta un poco extraño, dispongo de otras aplicaciones que sí se actualizan de manera recurrente, por ejemplo, Plex continúa actualizando su app en mi Samsung 🤔🤔

La única forma de actualizar es hacerlo por USB cada 30 días 

Yes, companies like Netflix, Amazon, etc pay a lot more money to become full partners and one of the benefits of that is that Samsung will test applications for TVs once they are outside of their normal 5-year support period.

omegahome
28 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Sí, empresas como Netflix, Amazon, etc. pagan mucho más dinero para convertirse en socios plenos y uno de los beneficios de esto es que Samsung probará las aplicaciones para televisores una vez que estén fuera de su período normal de soporte de 5 años.

Es una lástima.. mi televisor Samsung aún le queda mucha vida!

Tendré que adquirir un Amazon Stick, actualizar la aplicación cada 30 días no es buena opción para mí, debido a que paso poco tiempo en casa y mi familia no tiene idea de cómo hacerlo.

Muchas gracias por tu atención!

• Like 1

FrostByte
4 minutes ago, omegahome said:

Es una lástima.. mi televisor Samsung aún le queda mucha vida!

Tendré que adquirir un Amazon Stick, actualizar la aplicación cada 30 días no es buena opción para mí, debido a que paso poco tiempo en casa y mi familia no tiene idea de cómo hacerlo.

Muchas gracias por tu atención!

I've sort of done the same by buying a nVideo Shield. My TV is from 2018 and no longer gets updates either.

The benefit of using an external device is that they usually support a lot more media types than Samsung TVs do.  By routing my Shield to my soundbar first and then out to the TV I can now get things like TrueHD Atmos, DTSX, PGS subtitles, and a lot more that I can't get by running a client from the TV itself.

• Like 1

Painkiller8818
13 minutes ago, Varg_NoSense said:

The app is also not available for the South African 2021 tv store. Can we manually install it?

yes manually will work

On 10/5/2023 at 8:17 PM, Luke said:

Great News! Emby for Samsung has been updated to 1.6.4 for 2021-2023 models !

For 2019-2020 models, coming soon hopefully.

Any news on the update?

I'm still on 1.2.6 (2019 modell) in german store.

Ciao, Alfred

Edited by serpi

1 hour ago, serpi said:

Any news on the update?

I'm still on 1.2.6 (2019 modell) in german store.

Ciao, Alfred

Still in Samsung review for 2019 models.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got 2019 updated. It's a shame it took Samsung this long to get that update out. They really don't seem to like supporting any models that are older than three years old, which is a little harsh.  2018 is now cut off from updates, and for 2019 they take months to review and publish. Unfortunately this has been a pattern for at least the last few years, and it wouldn't surprise me if by next fall 2019 gets cut off and 2020 becomes the new "old model".

We have already complained to them about this and I think only user feedback is going to get them to change their policy on this.

• Thanks 1

all4dom

Only three year results anything older they don't want a support that's insane. It makes me think about investing anymore money in samsung t vs

• 2 weeks later...
hoonlight

Thank you for all your hard work. 
Can you please make an effort to support it in Korea as well?

2 minutes ago, hoonlight said:

Thank you for all your hard work. 
Can you please make an effort to support it in Korea as well?

HI, yes we are working on adding more countries. Thanks.

hoonlight
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, yes we are working on adding more countries. Thanks.

The developers in the EMBY community are incredibly passionate and responsive to customers.

I just bought a Lifetime Premiere because of that. I support the efforts of the emby team.

Edited by hoonlight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1