Chromecast and HDMI CEC

invertedknife

Vallefor

Wow, I am not alone. @@SamES

Have the same problem. About 1-2 months ago play/pause stop working with tv remote.

I have 3 chromecast (Chromecast 2015, Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast 2018) - none of them works with tv remote and Emby. It 100% worked before.

I checked tv-remote with chromecast youtube app and it works perfectly fine.

SamES

Yes, there's definitely an issue.  It looks like the way we attached to the cec messages may not be working any more.  I'm looking into it.  Thanks

Raven

Discovered something odd tonight - CEC worked (play/pause) on .avi files but not .mkv or other more modern codecs.  Not sure if that helps or hinders but there it is...  :)

SamES

Discovered something odd tonight - CEC worked (play/pause) on .avi files but not .mkv or other more modern codecs.  Not sure if that helps or hinders but there it is...  :)

I've got a fix which we're just testing, but your comment did help as I need to test a transcoding file and you reminded me that avi files transcode on chromecast.  Perfect!  Thanks

Raven

I presume the fix has been deployed as CEC appears to be working again for me :)  Yay!!  Thanks for the quick fix