Chromecast and HDMI CEC

invertedknife

invertedknife

is there a plan to CEC control to the chromcast app? it's very frustrating to have to open the app to pay or pause. most of the media apps support this.

Edited by invertedknife
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, we've pushed changes to our Chromecast receiver to enable HDMI-CEC control. Please try it out. Thanks !

• Like 1

Astate

i think its work, i can use stop and play button.

I dont have pause button. 

Can you help me how to change pause button in source code ?

-1656732305832642290.jpg

:)  Awesome!

Play & pause working perfectly on my Sony.  Stop works as expected (it stops playback) but it also disconnects the Chromecast.  This is a great start - play & pause being the most important - can't wait for more commands to work (like skip, and navigation within the app, etc)

jmunowitch

This works great! Thanks for implementing this. The wife is much happier when I told her we can now do this.

FYI: I believe Stop is hardwired into the chromecast to quit. It is that way on every app.

invertedknife

This works great! Thanks for implementing this. The wife is much happier when I told her we can now do this.

FYI: I believe Stop is hardwired into the chromecast to quit. It is that way on every app.

ha ha. one of the reason i wanted the feature was for the wife! Seems to work on toshiba TVs as well. 

Edited by invertedknife

• 2 months later...
jmunowitch

Hi Luke,

I am unsure of where to put this, but I think HDMI CEC stopped working recently with Chromecast.  Within the last month I believe.

Is there a more appropriate place to report this?

jmunowitch

What does stopped working mean? What exactly does not work?

I used to be able to utilize CEC to Pause and Play with Chromecast. Now, I am unable to.

Same TV, Same Chromecast, it is on the correct input. 

I am wondering if anybody else is having this issue? 

hi @@jmunowitch there was a Chromecast receiver update that we needed to adjust to. We've pushed an update. Please try again. Thanks.

jmunowitch

hi @@jmunowitch there was a Chromecast receiver update that we needed to adjust to. We've pushed an update. Please try again. Thanks.

Hi @@Luke. It is working again! thank you.

• 1 year later...
Raven

Hi Luke and all,

I appear to be having problems with HDMI CEC even though I've changed nothing in my set up.  Problem is simply no commands work from external remote (play, pause, stop, etc).  I've disconnected and reconnected everything, checked HDMI control on all my devices but nothing working.  It works perfectly from the Android app so not sure why it's just suddenly stopped working from the remote.  Any ideas?  Cheers

jmunowitch

Hi Luke and all,

I appear to be having problems with HDMI CEC even though I've changed nothing in my set up.  Problem is simply no commands work from external remote (play, pause, stop, etc).  I've disconnected and reconnected everything, checked HDMI control on all my devices but nothing working.  It works perfectly from the Android app so not sure why it's just suddenly stopped working from the remote.  Any ideas?  Cheers

I have been having this issue as well. I thought this was an issue with my Chromecast at first, but confirmed that no other applications that I use have this issue.