Krypton no more Ratings

b0mb

Hi!

After some ppl told me that Emby is meanwhile running flawless on krypton i´ve migrated from jarvis to latest libreelec build with krypton beta 5. Everything is running fine but i can´t see anymore ratings for movies neither series or episodes.

Any idea?

Kodi Addo is 3.1.12, Emby is latest beta 214.

b0mb

Angelblue05

Krypton won't be supported until RC. Ratings changed drastically in Krypton hence why they are not showing right now.

Edited by Angelblue05

Hmm... I should hear more to myself than what other ppl saying... Anyway I think it is only a question of time before rc will be ready [emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

im85288

Hmm... I should hear more to myself than what other ppl saying... Anyway I think it is only a question of time before rc will be ready [emoji6]

This comes down to the skin your using, personally I don't find much use in the Emby ratings as they are out of date sooner than you think. Pick a skin that fetches the ratings on demand and you can happily use krypton. I've been using it for months with no issues, regardless of the official policy here that it will not be supported etc etc until RC

hmmmm...

I don´t have anymore ratings to be shown in my kodi. No Movie, no series, no episode... it seems like they are los....

and it doesn´t matter what skin i use - there are no ratings :|

im85288

Have you tried Titan for example? You need a skin that makes use of the skin helper addon. That addon fetches ratings from various sources such as rotten tomatoes etc. Estuary will not do it, many mods etc out there do though :)

Have you tried Titan for example? You need a skin that makes use of the skin helper addon. That addon fetches ratings from various sources such as rotten tomatoes etc. Estuary will not do it, many mods etc out there do though :)

even Titan doesn´t show any ratings and i did not ever have this kind of problem before.

Maybe there is something wrong with my system ...all infos are shown except ratings...

Angelblue05

It won't work because rating depends on the imdb id which has not been updated for krypton. As I said, the rating system changed drastically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So is there any ETA now when Krypton is nearly final? [emoji3]

Edited by b0mb

No.

I don't think they will do anymore changes that would effect the ratings and most ppl are already running the latest beta of Krypton.... ;-)

sualfred

The GitHub master is already v18 for a longer time and there is already a feature freeze for bigger changes since a few weeks. The last weeks were used for bugfixing and just and small backports of v18.

Edited by sualfred

xnappo

Feel free to check in the fix with proper support for older versions of Kodi then.

I don't know how many times we have to say this - until it is at RC officially it is not officially supported.   

As you can tell it will only be a few more weeks until it is official.

Please understand this from our point of view - we do this for free and if we start backing off on this policy it makes more work for us - and in particular @@Angelblue05 who gives better support than most for-pay software.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

sualfred

Feel free to check in the fix with proper support for older versions of Kodi then.

I don't know how many times we have to say this - until it is at RC officially it is not officially supported.   

As you can tell it will only be a few more weeks until it is official.

Please understand this from our point of view - we do this for free and if we start backing off on this policy it makes more work for us - and in particular @@Angelblue05 who gives better support than most for-pay software.

xnappo

All I wanted was inform the others that RC is near ;)

Btw: RC1 is out, released today ;) Have fun and take your time to bump the plugin to the "Krypton level"

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

im85288

I actually started looking at this today, the video database has not changed for over 4 months so I think we can say it's stable now.

Now I cannot see what the problem is though...inspecting my database in kodi myVideos107.db I see the rating and imdb number in the correct places. Looking here: http://kodi.wiki/view/databases#movie the correct fields seem to be populated.

Which leaves the question as to what has actually changed?

sualfred

I actually started looking at this today, the video database has not changed for over 4 months so I think we can say it's stable now.

Now I cannot see what the problem is though...inspecting my database in kodi myVideos107.db I see the rating and imdb number in the correct places. Looking here: http://kodi.wiki/view/databases#movie the correct fields seem to be populated.

Which leaves the question as to what has actually changed?

Checked my database. My "rating" table in myVideos107.db is completely empty.

What has been changed:

The feature "UserRatings" were added to videos/music/etc. I guess this has something to do with.

Edited by sualfred

im85288

Hmm I'll take another look...maybe this rating table is new for Kodi 17?

If you look at the movie table you'll see the rating in c05 and the imdb number in c09

sualfred

Yep, you are right. The ratings are in c05 and c09. 

I've opened an old myVideos104.db (where Emby wasn't used) and the rating table is filled with data:

RI3wSaKl.png

im85288

Thanks for confirming, it does appear the rating table is new. I'll continue looking into the fix for that as it appears to need some extra mapping done

sualfred

No problem, but that table does not contain the IMDb number. Don't know what happened to this value in the new db.

im85288

Yeah they've messed around big time, some "uniqueid" field has now appeared. The lack of an IMDb number is also effecting some of the skin helper widgets...what looked a quick fix is turning out to be a pita!

im85288

Can you try and give this version a shot for movies? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4689286/plugin.video.emby-2.3.26.zip

I did put a new version in the beta repo but the repo is being slow for me today. This should work for movies...imdbnumber is still MIA though at the moment.

If this works for others I'll look into expanding it for TV shows and then start looking at the ImdbNumber issue

• Like 1