BBC iPlayer app not exiting on Shield

Heuer

I am using SPMC, Aeon MQ7 on a Shield. I have selected the native Android BBC iPlayer app as a Favourite and it opens/plays correctly but I cannot exit out to SPMC. It asks for confirmation I want to exit the app but selecting 'Yes' does nothing. Other apps I have as favourites (YouTube, Plex, Emby etc etc) all exit immediately back to SPMC. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks.

Angelblue05

Huh? What does this have to do with Emby for Kodi? Can you provide your Kodi log, and way more details (see our how to report a problen sticky thread in this forum)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

I thought I would start here because I don't know if it is a Kodi/SPMC, Aeon MQ7, Android, Emby, iPlayer or Shield issue so the question was more 'have you heard of this' or 'where to start?'. I have checked the other product Forums (I am only a member of this one) but there seem to be no similar reports. Don't want to waste anyone's time so if I can be pointed in a particular direction I will pursue it there. 

Loving Emby/Kodi/SPMC by the way although with 2.3.9 I eventually had a moving banner at the top of the screen asking me to restart SPMC because there was an Emby error. Restarting crashed SPMC and I could not get back in. Tried restarting Shield but starting SPMC resulted in a message saying 'Running SPMC for the first time' followed by a grey/black screen. I uninstalled SPMC, reinstalled and checked everything was working OK. Reinstalled Emby (release version this time rather than beta) and it is behaving itself. Unfortunately I could not get access to the log files after the crash. I also earlier experienced the 2.3.8 crash although I did post the log file in another thread.

CBers

I would suggest asking over at the KODI forums if the BBC iPLAYER is a Kodi addon.

I know @@Angelblue05 and the other Emby for Kodi addon developers are assisting with the addon running in SPMC, but it was really only designed for KODI.

You can run KODI and SPMC on the same device and have the addon installed for both, so you can compare that way if you want.

Point is I am not using the iPlayer WWW add-on. I have selected the Shield native app as a 'Favourite' and added it as a menu item. This means when I click on it I am taken to the Shield official app and it plays as normal. Can't exit though. I have added several other native apps as linked Favourites (Amazon Video, Plex, Emby, ES File Explorer etc etc ) as a test and they all exit properly and take me back to the Aeon MQ7 main screen. I was hoping someone could explain why EATV and Amazon respond to the exit command yet iPlayer does not.

As regards running Kodi and SPMC on the same device it seems there have been reports of problems doing so and I am reluctant to add to support issues. SPMC has been developed on the Shield and works superbly with True HD and DTS-HD although you need a more flexible skin than Confluence to set it up.

Edited by Heuer

CBers

Point is I am not using the iPlayer WWW add-on. I have selected the Shield native app as a 'Favourite' and added it as a menu item. This means when I click on it I am taken to the Shield official app and it plays as normal. Can't exit though. I have added several other native apps as linked Favourites (Amazon Video, Plex, Emby, ES File Explorer etc etc ) as a test and they all exit properly and take me back to the Aeon MQ7 main screen. I was hoping someone could explain why EATV and Amazon respond to the exit command yet iPlayer does not.

If I remember correctly, to exit the BBC iPlayer app on the shield TV, you have to press HOME a few times.

Yes, to exit iPlayer on the Shield you have to press 'Home' twice which you can't do in SPMC without exiting it entirely. SPMC puts up a OK/Cancel dialogue box to confirm exit from native Apps but clicking on OK does not work with iPlayer, presumably because it is expecting the 'Home' key to be pressed. I have raised it on the SPMC Github and will see what they have to say.

Why not? The Shield apps (Amazon Video, Netflix, iPlayer) are native and work - 5.1 specifically on Amazon. SPMC gives you the option of making (almost) any Android a 'favourite' so you can seamlessly move between them without exiting. Best of all worlds!