Adding a plugin

thegaineys

thegaineys

So I am new to Emby and was using Plex. Plex offers channels like primewire or bittorrent to watch movies and tv shows. I noticed that there is a link for Emby for plugins. When i download and go to unzip the file, where do I store the unzipped file at? I would like to learn more about this media player and join, but would like to see what else there is to offer. I have already ordered the HDHomerun and will set that up for live tv and recordings, but with an OTA we don't really get a lot of channels (18 total).

Thanks for the help and apologies if this is somewhere in the forum, just couldn't find it.

thegaineys

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
rgriffin1

How do I "drop them in?"  Please explain...adding them to the Emby Plug in folder?  There's a lot of folders but can't seem to find the one that says "Plug in."

Edited by rgriffin1

There is a plugins subfolder under the server's program data folder.

Or better yet, if someone is giving you a plugin .dll to manually install, then make sure to ask them for directions on how to install it.

rgriffin1

Thank you so much for the response.  I had Plex and thus had those Plugins.  I went and copied and pasted them into:  

"Emby server - program data - plugins"

They are in there, but aren't visible on my Emby channel on Roku.  Maybe this is the wrong file?  Not sure what I am dong wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
wmeeryeck

Also moved from Plex which had “channel” plugins like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC.

These were not live channels. Simply allowed you to sign in to say nbc.com and view whatever free content they had.

Is there anything similar in Emmy?

Thank you so much!

Also moved from Plex which had “channel” plugins like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC.

These were not live channels. Simply allowed you to sign in to say nbc.com and view whatever free content they had.

Is there anything similar in Emmy?

Thank you so much!

We have a few channel plugins in our channel plugin catalog, yes.

wmeeryeck

Thanks so much, Luke!

But I’m having trouble finding them.

From my Windows PC, I double click the EMBY icon in the system tray. EMBY launches in an IE browser. At the top right, I click the “gear” icon. All the way to the left, I scroll down to the “expert” section and click “plugins”.

At the top center, I click “catalog”. Here are quite a few plugins. But I don’t see any of the 3-letter TV networks. I am particularly interested in CBS as you can login to their website and view latest episodes of many shows (without paying for CBS All Access).

Am I searching incorrectly?

Thanks again!

fingal191

Hallo, I have the problem that no one of the plugin I tried to install I always get this error "Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.). So what can I do to get the plugin I want to install realy get installed.

I can't read this file. What format is it? Can you please attach the log file in plain text? thanks.

Happy2Play

Ok I try again

That is a really old installation.

Application version: 3.2.20.0