Ver 2.3.8 E4K unable to connect server

e123enitan

Angelblue05

Ok and the address in your log is correct? If so, then it's not an emby for kodi issue. Make sure you can access your server and that it's running.

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

I have rebuild and it just connected now syn is progress I shall keep posted of progress

Thanks

• Like 1

e123enitan

Left my syn to run all night, this morning at 7.30 TO Local time, the syn has not completed, I tried to generate log for posting before heading out for work, but the system was so lag, not responding to the key stroke. I hope it would have finished when I get home. What I do notice on the system info, when the ram space dropped to 195m from 1750 it would reboot itself, the system will then start a fresh, so this circle will continue as many time until final completion. I hope to generate log tonight if the would reveal the issue.

Cheers!

Angelblue05

Can you provide your server log from the same time frame, thanks. I have no idea what the problem could be, it's not like we changed anything regarding the initial sync. I've only updated the manual sync process... Hopefully your server log might hold a clue. But also provide your Kodi log.

Edit: Does it do this for every devices?

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

Can you provide your server log from the same time frame, thanks. I have no idea what the problem could be, it's not like we changed anything regarding the initial sync. I've only updated the manual sync process... Hopefully your server log might hold a clue. But also provide your Kodi log.

Edit: Does it do this for every devices?

OK, that could be an issue, I shall obtain both sides of logs for your review.

• Like 1

e123enitan

Hi Angelblue, I have changed to stable version 2.36, what I have noticed overtime (several months ago), when the syn start the system Free memory will start at 1819MB as the syn progresses the Free memory will gradually diminished till it get to 192MB at this point, the syn will stopped and freeze that no action can be taken as the system will not respond to keyboard command. So the only way to get operation from the box is to unplug/plug  the AC cable. then it resumed the syn process until the MB gets to 192. I guess my question is what setting should ensure this issue did not recurred. I have tried several settings yet I still experienced this issue.

Cheers!

Angelblue05

Is there any errors in the log?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

The Free Memory now at 189 and the stopped Syn, I try to generate log, but it wont respond to key command, so I had to reboot again

Angelblue05

Please post on the official Kodi forums. 

21:40:29 T:547784675552   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Write: write failed !
21:44:08 T:548118323424   ERROR: Previous line repeats 227 times.
21:44:08 T:548118323424   ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover

Seems to be the source of the crash but no idea what it means. It's not an emby for kodi error but something else might be causing this indirectly. Have you tried disabling forced cache artwork in the addon settings > sync options?

e123enitan

Ceclog is coz I did not activate hdmi-cec on my Samsung TV. U should that it always a single remote to operate many devices. I have turned it off in Kodi setting so the error stoped.

What I think cause the issue is when the MB get to say 190 the system doesnt have sufficient MB to buff so it hanged.Although the process complete but the first of the movies which is large part, the syn crashed 3times, once it gets pass the stage the rest sailed smothly.

e123enitan

Maybe a solution for you until then. I'll look into what we can do for memory usage.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Create-and-restore-from-backup

Thanks for sharing this info, but the issue is with Ram (1.8gb) not the hard drive (16gb), once the  syn-process is completed the RAM is empty, and restored to 1819, so the issue is how to ensure the RAM is not 98% filled so that a sufficient room is available for the syn to continue without hiccup, as mentioned earlier once the Ram get filled to 98% it become sluggish and halt or crash, until it will restart again to continue the process, when it restart, the Ram is back to 1819MB.

am wondering if there is any setting in the apps to could limit cache to specific amount so that it would not fill the Ram quickly, I hope I make sense.

Angelblue05

Yes, memory usage is ram usage. It must be holding a lot of emby metadata in memory while it's being processed.

I suggested the backup restore so you can run the initial setup on a different, faster device and restore into your problematic device.

Edited by Angelblue05