Emby Trailers stuttering and buffering constantly! (Using Trailers Plugin)

lance321

mentasm

I am definitely seeing the same issues reported here.  I can provide logs if you believe that would be helpful.

The odd thing I found was for a while ( a few months ago) I was seeing a 2nd trailer button in the detail screen of a trailer in the trailer library.  If I used that button the trailers would play no problem.  If I selected play instead I would get a stuttery mess.  This lead me to believe that there might be something code wise causing the issue, as it seemed that emby was capable of streaming the same video without stuttering.

Better in my mind to have some apps not play trailers than all apps have stuttery and unwatchable trailers.

Happy2Play

I am definitely seeing the same issues reported here.  I can provide logs if you believe that would be helpful.

The odd thing I found was for a while ( a few months ago) I was seeing a 2nd trailer button in the detail screen of a trailer in the trailer library.  If I used that button the trailers would play no problem.  If I selected play instead I would get a stuttery mess.  This lead me to believe that there might be something code wise causing the issue, as it seemed that emby was capable of streaming the same video without stuttering.

Better in my mind to have some apps not play trailers than all apps have stuttery and unwatchable trailers.

Note sure I follow on the trailer button in trailers.

5cabf3022d9e2_trailer.jpg

At least in the web client one version plays and the other throws a no compatible stream error.  The version that plays (one with media info) stutter plays.

I get the same going directly to the source and trying to play the trailer.  So to me the issue is with apple trailers.  Or at least from my connection, it is.

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/fast-furious-presents-hobbs-shaw/

mentasm

The button I am talking about no longer appears.  When it did I think it displayed next to the heart icon and was the word 'trailer', much like you'll see in a movie details screen.

unisoft

Note sure I follow on the trailer button in trailers.

5cabf3022d9e2_trailer.jpg

At least in the web client one version plays and the other throws a no compatible stream error.  The version that plays (one with media info) stutter plays.

I get the same going directly to the source and trying to play the trailer.  So to me the issue is with apple trailers.  Or at least from my connection, it is.

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/fast-furious-presents-hobbs-shaw/

and that url plays 100% without stutter if played within a browser for me.

I had the same problem...   but it seems to go away when you set the quality to auto

We highly recommend leaving these settings at the defaults unless you have a very good reason to change them so setting back to auto is a good solution.

Thanks.