Emby Trailers stuttering and buffering constantly! (Using Trailers Plugin)

lance321

Ekomax

@@Luke

Just wanted to send the logs but suddenly the trailers work. maybe update did come now. looks like that it transcodes the trailers (mov, 140mbit??) to something reasonable.

Was this intended?

It works now. thank you very much for your help.

Good that i changed to Emby. No more Orange[emoji4] and their Devs.

Best regards

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The Trailers buffering/stuttering issue seems to have returned for my setup. Trailers Plugin version 1.1.6.0 and Emby Server Version 3.5.3.0.

Have there been any updates to Trailers that may have changed the Trailer quality back to a higher resolution version and reintroduced the problem, or is this unique to my configuration?

Thanks.

Edited by WalBob

The Trailers buffering/stuttering issue seems to have returned for my setup. Trailers Plugin version 1.1.6.0 and Emby Server Version 3.5.3.0.

Have there been any updates to Trailers that may have changed the Trailer quality back to a higher resolution version and reintroduced the problem, or is this unique to my configuration?

Thanks.

Hi there @@WalBob, can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

screwfaze

I also have noticed this recently, also I have noticed I always get the same trailers no matter what I am watching now even stuff in my library

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-42db17ba-ac6b-4425-a837-aa5317be3632.txt

Sorry - I thought I had attached the files. Here they are again. I am attaching embyserver.txt and ffmpeg-transcode-42db17ba-ac6b-4425-a837-aa5317be3632.txt

I watched a trailer and then copied the logs so relvant information will be at the end of the embyserver.txt from approximately 11:38pm

Edited by WalBob

unisoft

Got this problem with new and upcoming movie trailers. Recently new to Emby as Media Browser before.

Got 388mbps cable broadband. Various streaming services don't buffer and are fine.

Some trailers play fine then some HD maybe UHD? ones just stop/start. I think it's the trailers site not handling the bandwidth.

UHD content from BBC iPlayer, Amazon and Netflix stream perfectly on same LG TV or any other device.

For now, is there any key press to abort trailer playing and start the movie when this happens? Otherwise I may have to disable plugin which is undesired...

Thanks

Edited by unisoft

Happy2Play

Got this problem with new and upcoming movie trailers. Recently new to Emby as Media Browser before.

Got 388mbps cable broadband. Various streaming services don't buffer and are fine.

Some trailers play fine then some HD maybe UHD? ones just stop/start. I think it's the trailers site not handling the bandwidth.

UHD content from BBC iPlayer, Amazon and Netflix stream perfectly on same LG TV or any other device.

For now, is there any key press to abort trailer playing and start the movie when this happens? Otherwise I may have to disable plugin which is undesired...

Thanks

And are the trailers you are having issue with coming from the same source?  As I posted above.

There should be a "Next Track" button (>|) on the OSD.

unisoft

No idea. Only just started using trailers and not had time to observe URLs from router. Would seem logical it's the source, as my broadband is excellent with any other streaming providers even UHD streams.

• 1 month later...
Happy2Play

For me I get the same stutter play in the plugin as I get directly from the site. But I can see my ISP is having issues also in my area.

Edited by Happy2Play

We'll need to find alternative trailer sources as some of these are just really high bitrate.

Hi Luke,

the apple trailer source make difference between trailer in download rate, I don´t think the video bitrate is to high.

When you download some trailers directly, one have a rate of 200kB/s an others have 4MB/s.

If someone find a better source for trailers that would be perfect, not only for download rate also for multilanguage.

Is it possible to fetch youtube sources like in the android TV App?

In the TV App it open Trailers from different german youtube sources like "KinoCheck" Channel, that would be nice also in the trailers app.

• 2 months later...
mentasm

Hi,

I was going to report this in ET forum but after testing in the emby web client I saw the same behaviour.

Basically all of the trailers that I try and view buffer badly and continually stop and start.

If I search the same trailer on youtube and play it, it streams perfectly at 720p.

I am on a 50Mbit connection and normally have zero issues streaming content.

For a while a couple months ago the trailer details pages also had a 'trailer' button displayed in them on ET the same way that an actual movie in my collection would.  If I used that button to play the trailer, the trailers played fine without any buffering.  If I just pressed 'play' on the details page, I would have the same buffering mess.  The 'Trailer' button is no longer displayed in the Trailer detail page.

If I load the web emby interface and attempt to watch the same trailers I see the same buffering, so I don't believe the issue is with ET.

Server version is 4.0.3.0.

ET version is 3.06

Trailers plugin is version 1.1.9.0

I have tried playing around with playback settings without much success.  Auto-Direct should really just work.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue?  Its having a pretty major negative effect on my wife's enjoyment of the ET setup

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

If I understand this correctly you are referring to Trailers provided by the Trailers plugin.  None of them come from YouTube so you can't use them as a comparision.  But may need more specific information.  

There are several topics in the plugin section on this.  But all of them point to the issue being high bitrate files from provider site.  And as I noted in a topic there is I get the same stutter that appears in Emby when trying to play that same trailer directly from the provider site.

mentasm

Yes, I believe this is the trailers provided out of the trailers plugin

Do we have no control over the bitrate selected to play?  

I only use youtube as a comparison as I am able to play the same trailer form there in what seems like the same quality.  I believe youtube usually auto selects 720HD on my connection.

Is there anything I can tweak to try and get acceptable results?

I'll try and grab server logs when I am home.