Error Building Libraries & Covers

DarkKniyt (John)

DarkKniyt (John)

I have been having increasing issues with Emby building my libraries and Covers.

This issue began a few weeks ago and I have tried a number of things to fix it.

The last thing I did was to completely remove Emby Server and do a fresh install.

Still have the same issue.

When I try to view my libraries in Emby Web most of the Covers are not show.

Some that are shown, when I click on it to open have not contents, meaning there is Play options or anything.

The first time I noticed the problem was with Collections.

Some would show the cover and as above, I could click on it to open but nothing would show, no movies for the collection.

I have attached the last 2 logs from my server.

I am running on a Win 7 pc.

Thanks in advance.

Log1.txt

Log2.txt

Hi, can you show us a screenshot of what you are seeing? As a test, can you try removing the Cover Art plugin? Thanks !

DarkKniyt (John)

Luke,

Don't know why I didn't think of removing Cover Art before posting, but that did it.

My library scan is much quicker now too.

Any ideas what the issue could be - I really like my Cover Art and would like to continue using it.

I'm just using the standard Diamond format for all Cover Art selections.

Thanks Again - at least I can watch my movies again! 

Deathsquirrel

Are you using collections?  I rebuilt my server a few days ago and when I had collections set to a treatment with discs the app was basically unusable.  I could get a couple dozen movies to display before rendering would hang as you describe.  I couldn't actually get a movie to open to its details page at all.  When I set collections to my normal treatment, which doesn't have discs in the image, the performance issue went away.

If you have collections try changing your collections treatment to a movie treatment without discs in the image.  I hadn't had time to pursue it yet, thinking it might just be an issue in my setup.

DarkKniyt (John)

Deathsquirrel,

Same results here.

I added CoverArt back and chose Diamond for all of my treatments but this time used plain Diamond for BoxSets (no disc).

Scanned my library in 1min & 36secs (1k Movies, 54k Episodes, 3k Songs + Photos, eBooks and AudioBooks) - Hasn't been this fast in weeks.

All my treatments were applied and displayed and all details are available.

Something's definitely wrong with BoxSet treatments?????

CoverArt is applied at the time of browsing your library, not during the library scan, so it will not affect the performance of the scan. It will affect performance of browsing from Emby apps though. It just depends on your hardware and whether you're able to handle the cost and still have a smooth experience.

Deathsquirrel

I've got a pretty beefy system behind all this and the CA treatment with discs shown on collections was unusable.  I thought it might be building images on-demand but once it hung it never rendered another picture.  I waited as long as half an hour just to check.

No skin off my nose, I use a treatment with no discs any way.  The last thing I want is crap all over my very carefully selected movie posters :)

DarkKniyt (John)

However CoverArt works, some weeks back I updated Emby Server and Plug-ins and my library scans were significantly slower, hours slower and of course the issue this post is about as well..

I rebuilt the Emby Server and numerous other troubleshooting and still no change, until I did as suggested and removed CoverArt and then added it back and set all treatments to Diamond. My library scans are quicker (1min 36 secs compared to 8+ hrs) and of course I can actually view and play my media.

I don't know how CoverArt works but it's some coincidence that I made the changes suggested and things are now working fine???

Perhaps it was just a one-time thing that required some of your content to be re-probed. That doesn't usually happen after an update but every once in a while. Either that or something environmental that you associated with the Emby update because you felt that Emby was the only thing that had changed.

arrbee99

Just to mention, had this recently (well last few weeks) as well, finally got round to removing CoverArt and all fixed up. Generally needed a server restart after going to Collections and scrolling down - no pictures also meant no options to select (like, dislike etc)....

Think it also happened a good few months ago, removed CoverArt, was fine, put CoverArt back after a while, also fine for quite a while till the above.

5822401e0fec2_EmbyCollectionsmissing.jpg

However CoverArt works, some weeks back I updated Emby Server and Plug-ins and my library scans were significantly slower, hours slower and of course the issue this post is about as well..

I rebuilt the Emby Server and numerous other troubleshooting and still no change, until I did as suggested and removed CoverArt and then added it back and set all treatments to Diamond. My library scans are quicker (1min 36 secs compared to 8+ hrs) and of course I can actually view and play my media.

I don't know how CoverArt works but it's some coincidence that I made the changes suggested and things are now working fine???

Do you have a log from that long scan?  The one you posted above has the following:

2016-11-06 09:53:22.3638 Info TaskManager: Scan media library Completed after 1 minute(s) and 56 seconds

DarkKniyt (John)

ebr,

I went thru the log files I still have and none of them had a scan longer then 10 mins.

Don't know what this means???

What are you investigating the library scan in relation to?

I was investigating it because he made this statement:

until I did as suggested and removed CoverArt and then added it back and set all treatments to Diamond. My library scans are quicker (1min 36 secs compared to 8+ hrs) and of course I can actually view and play my media.

and I did not see that supported anywhere in the logs.

• 1 month later...

You can try out audio book support in the latest beta release of Emby Server. Simply create a library using the Books content type. Once scanned in you can play and resume just like you would expect with audio books. Please try it out and give us your feedback, we're listening. Thanks !