DLNA Playback stops : Device Disconnected Error

Jonz

I've noticed since updating to 3.08.3 and 3.08.4 for OSX , i've been getting the error stated as above.

On the Netcast LG TV, it'll pop up with Device Disconnected Error meanwhile on my WebOS 2.0 LG TV it'll pop up with "Unstable Network". It seems with every forward updates the support for DLNA playback especially on the older LG Netcast TV's is getting worst and unstable.

The older issue I had was with accessing the DLNA folders. Whenever i'm trying to access "Latest" it crashes the TV, this happens to any Emby media library that has more content, >100 media files. Those with very little content seems not to have this problem. The one way i could access my media files was to use the "Genre" folders to browse which is less than convenient option. This problem existed since before 3.06.4

This seems to start to affect playback experience on my WebOS 2 TV as well.

This error cannot be due to my home network issues as the TV and Server is hooked up via gigabit lan cables. 

Do have a look at the attached logs to see if it sheds any light on the issue.

I have reverted back to 3.06.4 which gives me no problems as above. 

Regards,

Jon

Log1.rtf

server-63614022242.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the report. This is resolved for the next release of Emby Server.

Luke, 

New release of Emby version 3.1.0 , problem with "Device Disconnected" error while browsing files in DLNA on my Netcast LG TV as well as the "Latest" folder crashing my TV still persist. 

I've reverted to version 3.0.73 which is the most stable for me - yet it still has the "Latest" folder crashing issue. Just have to use the "Genre" view to make it work in DLNA. 

Thanks for the report. I don't have a netcast LG for testing but I do have a WebOS based LG and it seems to be fine there. I will do more testing. thanks.

@@Jonz is there any difference on 3.1.2? Thanks !

@@Luke Nope, on my Netcast LG it still has that Device Disconnected Error - has this got to do with request timed out or something?

The thing is, on DLMA i'll be able to scroll the folders on my TV for a short while and the "Device Disconnected Error" will appear anywhere between 5-10secs time. However, I can scroll on the folders that has about 4-5 media files, not those with hundreds of media.  

Previously i've tried rebuilding my library, still didn't work. 

Appreciate that you're looking into it. Thx

@@Jonz, I found something tonight where we are using a mimetype of video/mp2t for transcoded mpegts, which was causing some content to just not show up at all on sony devices. having changed this now to video/mpeg it has corrected all of that, so perhaps it will have an effect on netcast. Also in case it is related to the size of the output, I am going to further reduce the number of people included per item from 10 to 6.

@@Luke thx, i'll wait for the next version to try out. 

Btw, does those mimetype configuration sits in the DLNA profile? or is it somewhere else. Was thinking if there's somewhere that I can make a simple test on it. 

Edited by Jonz

yes, the response profiles can be used to adjust response headers but i'm not sure they're exposed in the editor.

yes, the response profiles can be used to adjust response headers but i'm not sure they're exposed in the editor.

@@Jonz, I found something tonight where we are using a mimetype of video/mp2t for transcoded mpegts, which was causing some content to just not show up at all on sony devices. having changed this now to video/mpeg it has corrected all of that, so perhaps it will have an effect on netcast. Also in case it is related to the size of the output, I am going to further reduce the number of people included per item from 10 to 6.

@@Luke Any beta versions that i can test out ?

• 3 weeks later...

@@Jonz, i made the new release for mac available now from the website, so you can just do the normal install process. thanks.

• 1 month later...

@@Jonz, i made the new release for mac available now from the website, so you can just do the normal install process. thanks.

@@Luke Sorry for the delay in replying to this. I've tried the recent builds but still to no avail. The netcast TV still timed out, it's fine when i use my mobile devices to cast to it though. 

• 1 year later...
seanpcoll

I’ve also have a net cast lg and been having the same errors for at least the past 9 months or more to the point I started using kodi. I’m running windows as a envy server is. The tv does work fine for natively supported in Plex. The tv won’t see the server unless the blast alive messages are there. I have noticed that I can change the time before disconnect by changing the blast awake time and client discovery intervals. I will not disconnect if you use the play to option in Emmy server only through the DLNA browser in the tv.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve also have a net cast lg and been having the same errors for at least the past 9 months or more to the point I started using kodi. I’m running windows as a envy server is. The tv does work fine for natively supported in Plex. The tv won’t see the server unless the blast alive messages are there. I have noticed that I can change the time before disconnect by changing the blast awake time and client discovery intervals. I will not disconnect if you use the play to option in Emmy server only through the DLNA browser in the tv.

@@seanpcoll, can you give some examples of files that this is happening with? Thanks !

seanpcoll

I was having it happen in both transcoded files such as h265 as well as in h264 and mp4 that i know were previously direct stream so it was happening with all files that i tried. It would work without issue if i played from the server ui and told it to cast to the tv.

@@seanpcoll, so you're saying this happens during playback? is it right when a video starts, or at some random point while watching?

• 2 months later...
seanpcoll

It was normally during the first minute or two. If I had played with the blast alive and ping timings I can sometimes make it last longer but one of the two most likely affect it.