Live TV not working on Roku

AmericanMike
Go to solution Solved by ray2357,

You have to change the source of the Blue Neon Night application. In the VideoPlayer.brs file, line 192 is currently blank, and just after player.SetPositionNotificationPeriod(1). Adding player.SetConnectionTimeout(30) in that spot will extend the timeout period for starting the stream. You then sideload the app.

I have attached a modified version here that you can sideload using the developer page.

I sideloaded the BNN.zip file.   Yea, we are now able to see Live TV.

Thanks very much, wingatesl

Vitale4

You have to change the source of the Blue Neon Night application. In the VideoPlayer.brs file, line 192 is currently blank, and just after player.SetPositionNotificationPeriod(1). Adding player.SetConnectionTimeout(30) in that spot will extend the timeout period for starting the stream. You then sideload the app.

I have attached a modified version here that you can sideload using the developer page.

wingatesl,  thanks for the zip file.  did the side load and like others it worked like a champ.

great work.

I uploaded this last night and playback is working on our Roku 3 again! Thank you!

FYI guys - we have submitted an update to the app with this workaround.  However, they have a very large backlog right now plus they take most of next week off so it could be a bit before it makes it to the public.  We'll see.

It is also possible that Roku will fix it on their end before our update makes it out.  I bought a new Roku just a couple days ago and it is not updating to 7.5.  That tells me that they may have pulled the firmware update until they can fix this problem.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

FYI guys - we have submitted an update to the app with this workaround.  However, they have a very large backlog right now plus they take most of next week off so it could be a bit before it makes it to the public.  We'll see.

It is also possible that Roku will fix it on their end before our update makes it out.  I bought a new Roku just a couple days ago and it is not updating to 7.5.  That tells me that they may have pulled the firmware update until they can fix this problem.

I think they have a staged rollout.  I just got the update yesterday just like mediacowboy.  Same version as everyone else 7.5 4096.

• Solution

I just checked one of my Streaming Sticks that is on 7.5 and was not working. It has updated to 7.5.0 build 4099-24 and live is now working

• Like 2

I just checked one of my Streaming Sticks that is on 7.5 and was not working. It has updated to 7.5.0 build 4099-24 and live is now working

I wish Roku had some way to force an upgrade to 7.5.0 build 4099.  In our Roku 3600X sticks, 

I go over to the Software Upgrade page a couple of times a day, to no avail.

I have a Roku TV, and I just stumbled across this forum post today - rollback to 7.2 from 7.5 worked for me. Hopefully when it auto updates again it will go to the 7.5 4099-24. I'll post here when it does.

Thanks to you guys for the troubleshooting you did, this was driving me nuts!

Happy2Play

Since this is still being reported, did the update to the app not correct this issue?  Or was that update to v2.25 only the beta channel?

@@JohnsLibrary what Roku firmware and app version are you using?

The app update is to the beta channel. We have submitted for the public channel as well but that will take time to go through the Roku approval process.

• Like 1

Vitale4

ROKU needed to update their release process, if you have a ROKU 3 and I think 2, you will be able to do a manual update to get the new version.  I just did it and now the EMBY and EMBY Blue Neon Night works as expected.

I just updated to 4099 using the regular menu options. The secret screen method only showed 4096 as being available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmericanMike

Since I started this topic I felt compelled to give an update.  I received the 4099 update yesterday and things appear to be working well.  Just in time for Thanksgiving football.  I do notice that once the live TV channel starts streaming I see to short breaks where the the screen says "Loading Please Wait...." but then will stream on that channel for hours.  I haven't rebooted by server or router yet (scheduled this weekend) to see if it could be a latency issue.

If it shows improvement after reboot I will update the group.

Thanks....  

Edited by AmericanMike

Last night, I once again tried to force an firmware update on each of our Roku 360X0 sticks.  It finally allowed us to upgrade both of our Roku sticks to 7.5.4099. 

Like AmericanMike, we also see short breaks when it starts to load, but it continues to play after that.