Last Few Problems

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

@@Spaceboy do inprogress recordings still work for you with latest Emby beta?

I was having trouble with them yesterday, didn't get to the bottom of it, so probably not no Edited by Spaceboy

pünktchen

I was having trouble with them yesterday, didn't get to the bottom of it, so probably not no

They don't start playing anymore, right?

Spaceboy

They don't start playing anymore, right?

Correct, no live tv in web browser either Edited by Spaceboy

pünktchen

Seems there are two different problems at the same time.

One is the browser playback problem: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41393-Can't-Stream-Live-TV

The other problem i'm describing here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41457-How-to-trigger-RecordingStatusChanged-event&do=findComment&comment=386288

pünktchen

Recordings are working again, at least in the Android app.

Playback in browsers is still brocken. For me it's not limited to live tv only.

Really nothing plays back in browsers while it's working perfect in the Android app with or without transcoding.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

and found the genre mapping settings within the plugin, so they are set up and hopefully see some different flags coming through

and then found the genre mapping within MP TV server! hopefully this time  :)

pünktchen

and then found the genre mapping within MP TV server! hopefully this time :)

Is it still not working for you?

The genre mapping within TVServer has no impact. It's only for the MediaPortal frontend.

Spaceboy

Is it still not working for you?

The genre mapping within TVServer has no impact. It's only for the MediaPortal frontend.

But in the plugin settings what am I mapping to Emby there? I assumed it would be the genres in MP which in turn need mapping to my epg data. Are you saying I need to map them directly to the genres in my epg data?

pünktchen

But in the plugin settings what am I mapping to Emby there? I assumed it would be the genres in MP which in turn need mapping to my epg data. Are you saying I need to map them directly to the genres in my epg data?

Yes.
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

ok, i'll try that but its not what the plugin details say:

List against each Emby genre below, the MediaPortal program genres that belong to it

Spaceboy

so, now and future program artwork. i understand that neither MP or Emby can do this so could we instead fall back on the respective channel icon? its not perfect but its better than plain tiles all the same colour.

pünktchen

so, now and future program artwork. i understand that neither MP or Emby can do this so could we instead fall back on the respective channel icon? its not perfect but its better than plain tiles all the same colour.

My tiles have different colors [emoji1]

but i will think about the channel logos.

Spaceboy

My tiles have different colors [emoji1]

but i will think about the channel logos.

you are correct, this is different on different clients. in the web client now and next do have different colours, but they do look rather plain still and the program title is repeated on the tile as well as below it so nothing lost by using the icon for the tile i think? interestingly in the web client its recordings that are all the same blue colour. why is the extracted image not used here?

on android tv its the "on now" row that is all the same plain blue colour tiles, it was here that i was primarily thinking about when i made the comment above. here recordings do use the extracted image.

in theater there are coloured tiles for on now and extracted images for recorded tv. here, upcoming programs are all the same blue tv tile though!

Edited by Spaceboy

• 2 months later...
Spaceboy

hi punktchen, i still seem to be having series grouping issues. everything is fine in mediaportal but in emby most recordings are not grouped589754a1c3d57_grouping.png

hopefully you could look at this? thanks!

pünktchen

hi punktchen, i still seem to be having series grouping issues. everything is fine in mediaportal but in emby most recordings are not grouped

hopefully you could look at this? thanks!

Still? For sure you mean again. The plugin that is listed in the official catalogue hasn't got my changes from post #19 yet.
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

Still? For sure you mean again. The plugin that is listed in the official catalogue hasn't got my changes from post #19 yet.

Ahh OK thats what it is, I did wonder whether rejoining the main branch might have brought this back

Spaceboy

@@Spaceboy the groups are generated by the core and not taken from the plugin at this time.

well... any idea why the core is so bad at this? and can punktchen's updates in post 19 be added to the catalogue version?

Spaceboy

@@Spaceboy please explain your issue in more detail. thanks.

hi, it's in the picture above, the vast majority of series recordings just show up as other. There's probably only 10 or so not series recordings. They group fine in mp but not in Emby