Emby theater Skin Mockups

shaefurr

chef

P.S. @@LiquidFX, @@denz

I DID IT! LOL! The movies scroll horizontally. 

I beat that code like a dirty rug!

I'm jumping for joy right now!

it still needs work :)

@,

I can make the rows anything you guys want, but because we don;t have access to settings, we'll have to decide.

Also, LiquidFX is right we need to create a separate thread for this theme. 

I'm sorry @@shaefurr I didn;t mean to take it over like this. lol

59946fab6a033_tvembymedia2.png

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Guest asrequested

At least three. Without cover art I would want four rows, but I think three is optimal. Great job!

Edited by Doofus

chef

Have you fixed the endless scrolling issue?

Yes I believe it is fixed, however I don;t the alpha-picker is working correctly right now.

Edit: Nope it is not, the screen wants to vertical scroll forever.

I'll fix it now.

Edited by chef

chef

One very important thing we need, is a deinterlacing toggle in the overlay.

In the movies tab?

Can you show me what you mean with a picture?

LiquidFX

So I have a few ideas I would like to throw out there.

• Focus animation seems to be better when the unfocused items are dimmed to draw the attention to the focused item
  • When I'm on the movies tab I have to scroll all the way to the right for the favorites and collections, I never use the "watch it now" tile so that might be something that can be eliminated
  • a smaller amount of continue watch, if I don't continue watching the last 3 movies then it's really just taking up space
  • highlight text effect on the tabs across the top, essentially it's a button for that main folder so it should feel more like it, that would also eliminate the need to have an "all ****" tile for each of the folders
  • the watched icon gone, never have liked an icon showing me what I haven't watched, we have dedicated tiles for that
  • Like 1

Guest asrequested

In the movies tab?

Can you show me what you mean with a picture?

Using mpv, deinterlacing is on or off. Auto is the same as off. This would mostly be use with Live TV. Some networks are broadcast as MPEG2, which is interlaced. Having a button to turn it on and off while playing, would be fantastic. MPV has a keyboard shortcut to do this.

https://mpv.io/manual/stable/#interactive-control

59951b4c786ee_Snapshot_126.jpg

Presently, we have to stop playback and go into the settings

59951bcc5dfec_Snapshot_125.jpg

If we had a button in the overlay, it would be fantastic

59951c52bb66b_Snapshot_124.jpg

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

chef

@ you'll be happy to know I squashed that scrolling bug.

And I've started work on the header HTML for media views.

But before I finish that, I'll dim the I selected cards like what @@LiquidFX requested.

Something I noticed when I viewed the theme on my big screen tv was that the background color wasn't white.

Is anyone else experiencing that?

If so I'll have to look at the CSS a bit more find out wtf is happening there?

Guest asrequested

I think it's time you made this it's own topic. And give instructions on how to test. That way I think more people will give some input.

• Like 2

LiquidFX

@ you'll be happy to know I squashed that scrolling bug.

And I've started work on the header HTML for media views.

But before I finish that, I'll dim the I selected cards like what @@LiquidFX requested.

Something I noticed when I viewed the theme on my big screen tv was that the background color wasn't white.

Is anyone else experiencing that?

If so I'll have to look at the CSS a bit more find out wtf is happening there?

I have a black background on mine

shaefurr

So, one thing I like about the Web UI and Android app is they follow the same style, anyone ever think of doing that for theater? Could make a few changes since its for 10', but would be nice to have consistency. Plus most views including the details page already match the Web UI, its really only the homescreen that needs to get added.

My biggest point here is an actual home screen, with all the current latest media from Movies, TV, Music etc. I really think theater could benefit from a landing screen with all media types, not just opening to a TV or Movies page.

Here's a couple I just threw together of what that could look like. Mostly Web UI layout, but with a couple things retained from the way it currently looks.

599f196f8ef81_webmockup1Medium.jpg

599f197756a2d_webmockup2Medium.jpg

If you go into http://tv.emby.media, then after signing in use the browser address bar to change the url from home_horiz to just home. There you can see vertical home screen in action that will eventually become the default. And it has basically what you're looking for.

• Like 1

shaefurr

If you go into http://tv.emby.media, then after signing in use the browser address bar to change the url from home_horiz to just home. There you can see vertical home screen in action that will eventually become the default. And it has basically what you're looking for.

Awe you beat me to it. Yeah that's exactly what I was going for.

Looks great though, cant wait for that to be the default.