Emby theater Skin Mockups

shaefurr

chef

How hard is it to come up with some music icons for for the music page. They are square card shapes right now but they could be whatever we want them to be.

Are there any disparity versions you would like to see on the music page for those library views or something?

What I was thinking is, we have them flip 180' on focus, and have the view type name written on the back, just an image in the front which describes the view type somehow :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to bind the main library view link to the 'userViews' at the top of the homescreen.

It's a bit of a difficult trick I'm afraid. Not impossible though.

The JavaScript has to be rewritten.

Rewriting theater JavaScript is slightly intimidating... Lol.

Edited by chef

chef

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I wanted to show you the spotlight with gradient overlay, and larger texts, like in the original images.

598da7c094d7f_example5.png

• Like 2

chef

@@LiquidFX can you update the theme and check out the float effect.

Is it good or is it stupid?

It is pretty subtle, and because we removed the focus frame and changed the enlargement of focused tiles, we need a way for people to know what tile is highlighted.

Now it floats...

Should it??

LiquidFX

@@LiquidFX can you update the theme and check out the float effect.

Is it good or is it stupid?

It is pretty subtle, and because we removed the focus frame and changed the enlargement of focused tiles, we need a way for people to know what tile is highlighted.

Now it floats...

Should it??

I like it, it's almost too subtle...after walking away from the screen for a couple of minutes it's hard to tell where you're until you start moving things around

shaefurr

Things don't really line up at the end here...

598e6803c64ae_Untitled1.jpg

I believe thats just the library tiles he hasn't gotten asigned to the header yet. BTW if you can't get it to work let me know, I have another place to put them if need be.

Guest asrequested

I really don't like that line at the top. In TV mode with the desktop app, that looks really bad. Desktop mode has a scroll bar, right there. I hate it! It's one of the reasons I refuse to use that mode. With the light grey background, it isn't very prominent, and I could maybe live with it. But with the black/white contrast, i definitely won't be using it.

When you start working on the music/music videos section(s), they need to be completely overhauled. As is, they suck the big one. I've been waiting a long time for them to be developed, and nothing is happening. 

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Ok, so I was a bit lazy on this one so I just populated some random stuff lol. What I should have said "Use the Web UI guide with light colors and larger fonts"

Edit: just noticed I left off any kind of info box for selected items.

598d040b014d6_guide2.jpg

The line in this is much better!

Edited by Doofus

chef

Recoded the floating active tile,it floats 7 px up and down now.

Also disconnected the xbox, I bought a little black box that runs windows 10. I really want to see this theme in 1080p

Next is the line up at the end of the horizontal theme.

Binding it to the top menu.

Then music.

@, we can hide scroll bars in desktop mode by using "overflow:hidden"

I also realize that Firefox really doesn't like this theme.

Have figure out what parts don't run in that browser.

Edited by chef

What is the correct url link to test the theme and monitor the progress. Thanks

Edited by denz

chef

Great News everyone! I finally figured out how to make the 'userViews' at the top of the theater page link to their respective library.

So that works now!

chef

Movie list

598a127265fc1_moviebrowse.jpg

Getting to movie list now.

I always liked it better in a horizontal scroll.

• Like 1

Great to hear you like the horizontal scroll that was one of the big disappointments when it was changed  to vertical scrolling didn't like it then nor do I like it now and unfortunately it is now on other screens as well. 

Some feedback on the theme 

The white line doesn't work on the dark background it just stands out too much it looks much better for a light theme and in the example the underline was on the actual line just a bit thicker so you know your selection. 

I am not a big fan of the animation instead of moving up I think it would look better if it was slightly maximised as you are scrolling so you know what is selected. 

I like the larger font for the movie showcase. 

It is impressive what you have done we can all see it is WIP and it will only get better. 

Edited by denz
  • Like 1

chef

@@denz do you mean keep the float animation, but change it so it increases and decreases size instead of moving up and down?

The tile does change scale, should it change more?

I'll look into having a setting which changes the theme from light to dark.

• Like 1

I would for a start remove up and down when there are two many animations it looks confusing and it will also cause issues on lower power pc.

It is bit hard to say when there are two many animations i will have another look and just look at that.

• Like 1

chef

I would for a start remove up and down when there are two many animations it looks confusing and it will also cause issues on lower power pc.

It is bit hard to say when there are two many animations i will have another look and just look at that.

Thank you!

I appreciated the input

chef

I think you'll appreciate the fixed animation :)

I'll scale the cards more too.

chef

Movies screen is horizontal again. I'll clean up the code to make it have two rows.

:)

5991f4ae9f97b_example6.png

• Like 1

chef

Well I can't get the movie views horizontal and looking good.

I tried everything.

Went back and tried to look at old theater code on git hub when the view was horizontal, but no luck.

The card builder will not allow me to apply rows to it in the js.

And when it does apply two rows horizontal, no images show up.

I read through the suggestions movie view because it has horizontal rows and tried to apply the same code structure to movies.js, but again not working.

Vertical movie browsing is fine, but it was so much better when it was horizontal.

Frustrating!

Edited by chef

Initial Emby theate was way better than the current version with all these vertical views why something that looked great got changed is beyond me. I can understand vertical views on ipad and phone but definitely not for landscape TV.

It's not an issue while wmc still runs great on my main htpc.

No wonder there are no themes if you are finding it too difficult.

• Like 1

chef

Initial Emby theate was way better than the current version with all these vertical views why something that looked great got changed is beyond me. I can understand vertical views on ipad and phone but definitely not for landscape TV.

It's not an issue while wmc still runs great on my main htpc.

No wonder there are no themes if you are finding it too difficult.

While I'm still very green in a sense of coding the web, changing that view back is very difficult.

There are scroll sliders which are nested inside scroll containers, and they go vertical and horizontal.

While I can change the direction of the scroll, the scroll frame doesn't want to center the movie card until it scrolls off the window... Not good.

Two days I spent fiddling with it lol!

I did find the 'material' icon set shaefurr used in his mock, and Luke uses in the theater, which was a step forward, but the changes in the theater code that Luke pushed, which change the direction of the movies view, were so substantial there's no going back. Lol!

I agree, wide screen tv need horizontal scroll.

I'm going to come back to that later.

I have a feeling we're not the only ones missing it, and this theme could be an unsung hero if it ends up we can reintroduce horizontal scrolling in media views.

Guest asrequested

I liked horizontal scrolling in the 'classic' plugin. You could choose how many rows there were in the grid. Having only two rows was terrible. It would take too much scrolling. This is why I now like the vertical scrolling. More titles on screen at once. If horizontal scrolling could be used again, it needs that option.

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

LiquidFX

I like the direction this skin is going, seems like we could use some help from the gurus on a few of the needed changes and how to make them work correctly. We really need more than one option for a skin at this point. 

I would also create a separate thread for the continued development of this skin, and maybe get a group of testers for it so you can get more input.

Edited by LiquidFX
  • Like 1