TV Series on DVD / Stub Files

Thomas64

Thomas64

Folks - Apologies if I am asking a question that has already been answered.. I've done a lot of searching and can't find the answer, or I've found it and totally not understood...

I've been creating Stub files for all of my DVD's (not interested in converting them - I just want Emby to gather all the meta-data) - holding off on the TV Series DVD's, and that went beautifully...

I'm now trying to do the same for TV Series on DVD such as Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, and such.

I created the folder for the DVD Season, then the dvd.disc stub file - for example: American Horror Story - Hotel (2016) > American Horror Story - Hotel (2016).dvd.disc

I've waited for the scheduled processes to run through for gathering all the meta-data, and Emby doesn't seem to know what to do with these TV Series on DVD - as it is not gathering any meta-data with this setup.

Do I have to treat "TV Series" DVD's differently than "Movie" DVD's? As in, creating the structure described here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

I had hoped/thought that at least the high level meta-data for the season would be pulled (artwork, actors, and so forth) - as I am not too concerned about data for the individual detail of episodes on/per DVD...

Could someone enlighten me on what I am doing wrong or point me to where it is already explained? Thanks!

It won't work like that. The discs have to correspond to episodes, not an entire season. Use the naming guide for tv series on dvd and then just substitute with the disc extension. Also be warned this is a highly specialized scenario and therefore has not been heavily tested.