Cannot Make TV Series Collection & Unpopulated Cast

Z0m8ie

Happy2Play

You only replaced that section and not everything else correct?

Happy2Play

What OS?  Do you have "Previous Versioning" enabled? Right click the file-properties-Previous version

What OS?  Do you have "Previous Versioning" enabled? Right click the file-properties-Previous version

Nah its ok I renamed the original as .bk. All back to normal now.

I'm on 32bit Winows7

Edited by Z0m8ie

You only replaced that section and not everything else correct?

Yes correct. I tried it several times and every time it  resorts to the Emby setup wizard....

This is the code that I added in replace of <ContentTypes />

<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>\\MORGAN\Server Folder_03\Film & Video\-=TV & Video Archive=-\Scooby-Doo! Collection<Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>

Happy2Play

I got it, what server version are you on?  It can't be a current dev cause I get a unhandled exception with your system.xml.

Specified cast is not valid.
System.InvalidCastException
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.VerifyType(Int32 i, DbType typ)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetBytes(Int32 i, Int64 fieldOffset, Byte[] buffer, Int32 bufferoffset, Int32 length)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.DataExtensions.GetMemoryStream(IDataReader reader, Int32 ordinal, IMemoryStreamProvider streamProvider)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteItemRepository.GetItem(IDataReader reader, InternalItemsQuery query)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteItemRepository.RetrieveItem(Guid id)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemById(Guid id)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetUserRootFolder()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetCollectionFolders(BaseItem item)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetLibraryOptions(BaseItem item)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.IsInternetMetadataEnabled()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.CanRefresh(IImageProvider provider, IHasImages item, MetadataOptions options, ImageRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean includeDisabled)
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<GetImageProviders>b__0(IImageProvider i)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RefreshMetadata>d__7.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.<RefreshMetadata>d__375.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.RefreshUsersMetadata.<Run>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Edited by Happy2Play

I got it, what server version are you on?  It can't be a current dev cause I get a unhandled exception with your system.xml.

On the top of the web browser it says: Version 3.1.6152.18304 dev

In "About" it says: Version Version 3.1.6152.18304

Happy2Play

No idea why the wizard comes up with this change as it hasn't happened on my test machine.  Have you tried just clicking through the wizard?  All the configuration and databases are still there so nothing is actually changing.

No idea why the wizard comes up with this change as it hasn't happened on my test machine.  Have you tried just clicking through the wizard?  All the configuration and databases are still there so nothing is actually changing.

I'll have a go doing that. Since installing this program like way back when it was called Media Browser 2, I have never done a fresh install and I believe some folders have been left behind... Would this be causing any issues?

Happy2Play

Old installations shouldn't have any bearing.  Some systems can just be stubborn.  Is there a reason you run the dev build?

Edited by Happy2Play

Old installations shouldn't have any bearing.  Some systems can just be stubborn.  Is there a reason you run the dev build?

No reason, how do I get it to download official releases instead?

Just install the version you want from the website. Please note, we don't really recommend switching back and forth between release channels.

Happy2Play

Note that downgrading will cause issues with plugins right now since they are not currently backward compatible.

Note that downgrading will cause issues with plugins right now since they are not currently backward compatible.

So should I just leave as it is and not downgrade but add that script then go throught the Emby setup?

I would avoid any scripts that might tamper with your Emby installation. The best thing to do is choose one update channel and stay on it. That's our recommendation at least. If you want to switch release channels the best thing to do is start with a new installation.

I would avoid any scripts that might tamper with your Emby installation. The best thing to do is choose one update channel and stay on it. That's our recommendation at least. If you want to switch release channels the best thing to do is start with a new installation.

Hi Luke, What can I do about my original problem though?, are you eventually going to address the issue of collections of series in one folder?