Cannot Make TV Series Collection & Unpopulated Cast

Z0m8ie

Hi, I have a folder called "Scooby-Doo Collection" within my TV series folder. Inside I have multiple folders named correctly from the series, for example:

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!,

What's New Scooby-Doo

etc...

Inside each of these folders I have the episodes named correctly, for example:

S01E01 What A Night for a Knight

S01E02 A Clue for Scooby Doo

etc...

My Problem is that Emby is not recognising or fetching metadata for these series. The only way I can fetch metadata is by putting the series into the root folder and then fetching the metadata, after that I put the folder back into the "Scooby-Doo Collection" folder. One problem I have discovered with that is when viewing actors/cast, it comes up unpopulated for every series?.

Am I doing something wrong or can't you make a collection within a TV folder?.

I would appreciate any help.

See the second example under the Complex Structure area: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

Hi, Under Library in the web browser I have 3 locations:

Film Archive (Movies - Content selected)

Music (Music - Content selected)

TV & Video Archive (TV - Content selected)

Do I need to add another location? ie "Scooby Doo Collection"?

Edited by Z0m8ie

See the second example under the Complex Structure area: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

The link you sent says "Use the metadata manager to change the content type of the sub-folder to TV." , I can't  see where within the metadata manager to change the content type?. Please could you tell me where I can locate it.

Thanks, Sam

Happy2Play

Well the answer was in the other topic you posted in.  Haven't test this recently by unless it has been resolve you have to manually edit the system.xml. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39202-help-with-complex-folder-structure/?p=367771

Brought up issue with complex folder structure here also.

Edited by Happy2Play

Well the answer was in the other topic you posted in.  Haven't test this recently by unless it has been resolve you have to manually edit the system.xml. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39202-help-with-complex-folder-structure/?p=367771 

Brought up issue with complex folder structure here also.

I wouldn't even know where the system.xml is or know what to edit. Ive been up all night trying to sort it out... Thanks for replying anyway

Edited by Z0m8ie

Happy2Play

Assuming you are on Windows (%appdata%\Emby-Server\config).

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Theres lots of xml's in there

:D But only one system.xml.  See link above to show you the <ContentTypes> section.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Somehow spaces are at the end of the link but look a post #6 of that link.

• Like 1

I still have no clue what to add. Can't the coders just fix this thing.... You have bought up the issue a while ago, as have I now....

Happy2Play

All depends on how long you want to wait.

All you have to do is use my example and set the path to your Scooby-Doo Collection.

The issues is this is legacy/nested folder collection that Emby has moved away from.  If it were a flat folder structure you could create the collection in Emby.

• Like 1

All depends on how long you want to wait.

All you have to do is use my example and set the path to your Scooby-Doo Collection.

The issues is this is legacy/nested folder collection that Emby has moved away from.  If it were a flat folder structure you could create the collection in Emby.

I'll have a look, I'm not too clever with these things but I'll have a go... :wacko:

Happy2Play

Example, just replace my path with yours.

<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>E:\1 TV\Scooby-Doo Collection</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>

• Like 1

Example, just replace my path with yours.

<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>E:\1 TV\Scooby-Doo Collection</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>

Do I also need to add the path inside emby web-server? & Does this look right to you:

<ContentTypes>

<NameValuePair>

<Name>\\BIGBLUE\Server Folder_13\Film & Video\-=TV & Video Archive=-\Scooby-Doo! Collection

<Value>tvshows</Value>

</NameValuePair>

</ContentTypes>

Thanks for your help by the way!, much appreciated :)

Happy2Play

Just need to add the closing tag </Name> that got dropped some how.  Then I would restart your server and perform a library scan so that path gets recognized properly.  You may need to delete the series or movie nfo from there if any were created in that path.

Edited by Happy2Play

Just need to add the closing tag </Name> that got dropped some how.  Then I would restart your server and perform a library scan so that path gets recognized properly.  You may need to delete the series or movie nfo from there if any were created in that path.

Where should I add it in the .xml file?, at the start or end?

Happy2Play

You will replace the </ContentType> tag (near the bottom) with that or you will added everything in between the tags as a new pair.

You will replace the </ContentType> tag (near the bottom) with that or you will added everything in between the tags as a new pair.

The tag in original .xml reads as follows: <ContentTypes />

Do I add it under that or change the <ContentTypes /> to <ContentTypes> ?

You are replacing that tag with what you have above.

Ok done. I restarted the server and its come up with the Emby setup wizard!. What should I do?

Edited by Z0m8ie