emby disables Kodi screensaver

grc

Hi all,

I am using the Emby addon for Kodi Jarvis v16.1 and I have been enjoying it for some time. I use this on a Windows 7 64 Bit machine as well as on several Android devices (Amazon FireTV sticks).

Recently the Emby addon has begun disabling the built-in screensaver in the Kodi app. This occurs on each fresh start of Kodi. By this I mean that I can set the screensaver settings within the Kodi app to my personal preference, and it will function as required, until Kodi is shut down. Upon restarting Kodi, the screensaver option resets itself to "none" (no active screensaver). I have determined that this happens only when the Emby for Kodi addon is installed.

Please help me fix this as I would love to continue enjoying the Emby program through my Kodi HTPC setup.

Thanks in advance to anyone with answers or suggestions.

• Like 2

Angelblue05

It should always re-enable your screensaver after the sync completes at startup. Can you provide your Kodi log? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you Angelblue05 for your response.

I have attached 2 log files which I created as follows:

• I shut down kodi and deleted the current kodi.log file
  • I restarted kodi and set the screensaver mode to "black"
  • I waited to verify that the screensaver was activated and I then shut down kodi again.

Kodi log 1 is the result at this point.

• I restarted kodi and checked the screensaver settings

The screensaver mode had reverted from "black" to "none"

• I shut down kodi

Kodi log 2 is the result at this point/

These files do not mean much to me and so I truly appreciate any help or insight you can provide.

Please let me know if I can do anything more to help you help me.

Thank you.

grc.

Kodi log 1.logKodi log 2.log

EvilMilkshake

I am also experiencing this issue. Tried changing the only screensaver option I could see in settings (under Sync Options) and that didn't change the effect. I am getting this behavior anytime a sync is run, so both at start up and scheduled.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting. I can definitely reproduce this issue. I must have broke something accidentally. Looking into a fix right now.

Edit: I'll be making a new build shortly

Edit: Fix is part of 2.3.6, thanks again for reporting.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Hi   :D  :D

First i would like to say this is freaking awesome i was going nuts over this problem and was about to make a post was worried that it would take ages to get a fix but here you go the best developers in the world maaaan this fix got here quick, good work and thanks again.

This made me go buy the lifetime emby premiere.

Thanks for the super quick support on this matter.

Wish i could do more to support you guys!  :D  :D

Have a nice weekend when you get there.

• Like 1

Thanks SO much Angelblue05  :D  :D .

That is without a doubt one of the fastest resolutions to a problem I have encountered.

I have been a long time user & supporter of Emby ( starting back in the Media Browser days ) and I have always been happy with it.

This is the first time I have ever had any kind of problem, and you fixed it almost instantly. This just demonstrates why it is such a solid application.

Please keep up the GREAT work, and thanks again.

• Like 1