Metadata Manager > Tags (Autocomplete)

DaN

Hi,

I'm a big fan for emby server, and I love to fill my metadata with useful information about the content using Tags; I feel it will be much more powerful if Tags can be auto-completed based on previous tag entries. a drop down list also will do a good job.

thanks,

DaN

• Like 8

• 2 years later...

Yes this is a good idea.

Reactivating this request. Using Emby for a few months only, but really surprised that despite the excelent metadata handling, autcomplete feature hasn't been made available yet.

Would be a big time saver for us, for whatever reason, needing to maintain metadata manually (genre's, cast,...).

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
ExpedientFalcon

I'd also really like to have this feature. I'm a developer and would be happy to add it, if time is the concern. Although, as I understand, Emby is currently closed-source, correct? (Apologies if this is a dumb question, I'm relatively new to Emby.)

ExpedientFalcon

Only if you have browser autocomplete turned on, and haven't cleared your history recently. This also isn't helpful if you prefer to use the desktop app, as I do (because it supports H.265 playback, which browsers don't).

What we are looking for is that it would fetch a list of all tags that exist somewhere in this Emby server, and display those as a list.

Edited by ExpedientFalcon

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, ExpedientFalcon said:

because it supports H.265 playback, which browsers don't

Generally they don't. Use Marmaduke's Chromium. 

ExpedientFalcon

That is good to know, however the H.265 playback isn't relevant to the desire for this feature. It sounds like we're being offered a workaround, which is:

- Use this specific forked browser

- With form history enabled

- And never clear the history

And still we wouldn't have any tags in the autocomplete that were created before we began the above. So, I don't consider it a real solution.

Edited by ExpedientFalcon

rbjtech

This was raised in 2016 - If it hasn't gained traction in ~5 years, then I suspect it's not coming any time soon. ;)

Maybe reach out to @Luke or there may be other options using the API for example.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

This was raised in 2016 - If it hasn't gained traction in ~5 years, then I suspect it's not coming any time soon. ;)

Maybe reach out to @Luke or there may be other options using the API for example.

Actually it's on my to do list. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Marijuana
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Actually it's on my to do list. Thanks.

I would hate to have your to-do list, your work is appreciated keep up the great work.

• Thanks 1