#21 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14970 posts
  • Local time: 10:06 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

These changes haven't even been released to the stable channel yet, so before we think about settings we need to first understand what the demand is for it.

And those of us that what it changed back, need to understand why it was unilaterally changed in the first place.
  • MrWebsmith, SikSlayer and tbeaux like this

#22 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 5249 posts
  • Local time: 02:06 PM

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:51 PM

At Emby, we believe in doing your media, your way.

Has this viewpoint changed in 3 weeks?

Obviously it hasnt, but perception is everything. Stop making changes that would upset even a small subset of users, and not be offering ways to adjust to their whims. It isnt the satisfied customers who scream the loudest. Food for thought. :)
  • CBers, MrWebsmith, daedalus and 2 others like this

#23 SikSlayer OFFLINE  

SikSlayer

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 614 posts
  • Local time: 05:06 PM
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

Many key members of the forum and community here have voiced their opinion on this change. There hasn't been discussion on this in a while. Version 3.1 of the server has been released, and there's a blog posting of everything new about it, and even about this feature, and yet nothing has been done about giving us the option to disable it. All I see going on is you're ignore us, and moving forward with whatever you've more interested in. I know *I* personally have spent a lot of money on Emby, and I'm sure others who have posted in this thread have done the same, and yet, here we are, without even the option to disable this.

This is not right.

• CBers and tbeaux like this

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135736 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

We are monitoring this for community demand just like all other feature requests. Thanks !

#25 MSattler OFFLINE  

MSattler

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1449 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

We are monitoring this for community demand just like all other feature requests. Thanks !

Well, in response to your community feedback request - another reason I'm going to keep using Plex.

It's amazing.... you manage to actually get something right with TrueHD/DTS-HD playback, and you proceed to not just step on your own dick, but shoot yourself in the foot all at the same time with crap like this.

No one requested it, yet you made the change.

You said yourself just because it's in the beta doesnt mean it will go stable, it depends on the community.

And then you basically tell us to go *uck ourselves, and implement it anyways, with no way to undo it, despite no one asking for it.

At what point can we still call emby and Open Media server?  More like "Open (As long as you can with not having it your way) Media Server".

This is stupid.

Edited by MSattler, 20 December 2016 - 03:53 PM.

• speechles, SikSlayer and tbeaux like this

#26 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14970 posts
  • Local time: 10:06 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

Luke - you're missing the point, in that no-one asked for this to be done.

Currently, the community demand is not to split it out.

Unless you can point us to the request(s).
  • SikSlayer and tbeaux like this

#27 Abobader OFFLINE  

Abobader

Super-Tester

• Administrators
  • 9375 posts
  • Local time: 12:06 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:26 PM

Good day,

As personal view, I like the "separated" latest media, I also voices that an option to disable it for whom do not want/like this.

If you all please allow me to say something here:

As CBers start this thread as FR, whom agree or disagree will post their opinion and that great for everyone, but no need for hard words, I am sure Luke trying his best, and he said he tried some features as for testing.

I am also think it time for options to be control by the users, like enable and disable as it need it now.

My best

• SikSlayer and Angelblue05 like this

#28 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1304 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

Guys, can I suggest that for future changes of direction / design etc the Devs and Community members put up a list of things they would like to see - including descriptions, mock-ups if possible and reasons - new forum section? Then allow the community and Devs a set period to discuss and then vote on it and majority takes precedence. I can understand if underlying technology needs to be updated to keep up with or stay in front of the rest, but surely cosmetic stuff needs to have some sort of discussion first rather than after some arbitrary decision is made to change things.

I'm sorry Luke - and no disrespect meant - but just lately it seems like there is a "Like it or Lump it" or "shoot first and ask questions later" attitude from the Dev team and while you continue to promote a community driven result there is very little that gets reverted regardless of the sometimes quite vocal opposition.

just my 2cents...

• MrWebsmith and Vicpa like this

#29 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15283 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

I think all requests should be Polls.

• MrWebsmith and Vicpa like this

#30 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1304 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

I think all requests should be Polls.

And fully documented before implementation so that everyone understands what is happening.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk
  • MrWebsmith and SikSlayer like this

#31 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:19 PM

No one requested it, yet you made the change.

This isn't actually true. When I started using Media Browser 3.0, new media was listed like this. Then there was a change and it was consolidated into a group. I complained about that changed and asked for an option to show it the old way. At this point, I was told that options were evil, no one ever uses them and the system will display media the way the developers determine is the best. Regardless of what the customers want. Eventually, I just gave up asking for many things that I thought would make the system more user-friendly. They weren't going to get implemented anyway.

All that said, this should have been an option from the initial change years ago and we wouldn't have this problem today.

#32 MSattler OFFLINE  

MSattler

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1449 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

This isn't actually true. When I started using Media Browser 3.0, new media was listed like this. Then there was a change and it was consolidated into a group. I complained about that changed and asked for an option to show it the old way. At this point, I was told that options were evil, no one ever uses them and the system will display media the way the developers determine is the best. Regardless of what the customers want. Eventually, I just gave up asking for many things that I thought would make the system more user-friendly. They weren't going to get implemented anyway.

All that said, this should have been an option from the initial change years ago and we wouldn't have this problem today.

So you made a request years ago, and out of the blue Luke decides to finally implement it.  Because the people spoke, sorry one person spoke years ago, and now he makes the change.

Fine have it there if a few people request it, but make it optional.

If you are not going to give people options it is no longer an Open Media browser.   It's a confined solution that you have zero control over.

#33 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135736 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

In the case of this particular feature, our other apps have been doing it this way for a long time with positive feedback, and we want to make a greater push towards consistency. We have nothing against options and in fact, some new ones are moving up my to do list in relation to a presentation-related feature, and it's something that has been frequently requested to become configurable. We always listen to you guys and we will make something configurable such as this if there is a consensus for it. We just want to give it a little time so that we can get a sense of the size of the group that is asking for it to change. At this point it's only been a few days since moving to the stable release. Thanks.

#34 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

Fine have it there if a few people request it, but make it optional.

It should have been optional to begin with.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Latest media, media, type, tv, movies, latest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users