Chrome Extension

techywarrior

techywarrior

Whoops, I didn't realize news wasn't in the beta.

I guess you get a bonus as soon as the latest beta adds the latest news support :)

Edited by techywarrior

Spaceboy

Hi, couldn't find an official thread so this is directed to @@techywarrior. i found the mb3 helper extension in the chrome store today and i'm trying it out. i've connected ok i think but i don't see what your screenshots show. the notification screen seems to work ok, but the news window just says unable to connect, check ip.... the server page just shows the server version number and the final tab shows the server address and port.

pretty certain i entered the address correctly and mb3 is usually accessible outside my home using dyndns. unfortunately my work blocks dyndns addresses so it doesn't connect at all there  :(

any logs or anything i can provide?

cheers

techywarrior

Hm, if the notification screen is working the news should as well. Same thing with the server page. If it's showing the version number it is able to connect to your server.

I assume if you click on the MB logo in the top left that the web client dashboard opens correctly as well.

I'm not seeing this behavior on my end so not sure how best to proceed right now. I'll go thru the code again and look to see if I can find any potential cause. Basically, the error message about the server address is displayed whenever the extension is unable to get a response from the server.

Does this happen every time you try the latest news tab?

techywarrior

yeah, shouldn't have posted that tbf

but i don't have a fixed ip, dynamic dns is common in the UK

I didn't get to see the other image before you removed it but I am guessing from the response that it did show the configuration information. So that page is working.

It seems that half of the content on the server info page is missing and part of it isn't even dependent on the user so it's pretty strange that it isn't there.

Can you do me a favor and sign out and then back in and see if that works?

Did you login with a password? Was it manually or by clicking on the image of your user?

• Like 1

Spaceboy

no, the last tab just shows this, if i click on save it just brings me back to the notifications tab

52e17ced4265c_Screenshot20140123201737.p

signing out and in doesnt change, i tried this when i was checking which user i was logged in as. i log in with a password by clicking on the box above my name

techywarrior

The new version has been uploaded to the Chrome Store. You can either wait for it to auto update or if you go to the chrome extensions section in the browser, click "developer mode" and then click "update extensions now" you can get it immediately. You should uncheck developer mode when you are done.

• Like 1

techywarrior

news is now working, i guess the final 2 pages are still to come?

The final two pages? The page/tab after news should show the server info (restart/shutdown if you are an admin user) and a list of active connections.

The last page/tab is the server connection settings. Are you not seeing those?

techywarrior

no, the last tab just shows this, if i click on save it just brings me back to the notifications tab

52e17ced4265c_Screenshot20140123201737.p

signing out and in doesnt change, i tried this when i was checking which user i was logged in as. i log in with a password by clicking on the box above my name

Ok, that last box is all that is supposed to be there. That's just a way that you can update your server IP, like if you are on a laptop and go from inside the house (LAN) to outside (WAN) or if you have a dynamic IP that needs to be updated.

I think I may have found the problem with tab 3. I will publish an update to fix it tonight so in the next day or so you should get updated to 1.1.2 (when you have that version it should work)

Koleckai Silvestri

You probably want to use an IP address in the server location. URL would be if you have something like dynamic DNS setup. 

Edited by Wayne Luke

Spaceboy

ah, seems i've always had developer mode enabled. so its updated to 1.1.2 but i still see the same on the 3rd and 4th tabs. developer mode disabled now

Edited by Spaceboy

techywarrior

ah, seems i've always had developer mode enabled. so its updated to 1.1.2 but i still see the same on the 3rd and 4th tabs. developer mode disabled now

I should have mentioned that you need to logout and then back in for the fix to work.

• Like 1