Home screen default images displayed

knottz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

Is there a way to force emby to display primary art on the images displayed on the homescreen as right now it seems to favor thumbnails or backdrops and i want it to use primary art simply because not every movie or season has nice thumbnails or dropbacks available whereas almost everything has a nice primary art image, thanks.

To clarify on this i will add an image, I want them all to display like the movie highlighted in red squares instead of them all using the rectangular like art.

post-59900-0-97013300-1477758467_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

This is being changed, yes.

... ideally, pretty please, with an Opt**n in the server dash.. maybe even at the library level... for those of us that like the thumb/backdrop current state?

• Like 1

CBers

... ideally, pretty please, with an Opt**n in the server dash.. maybe even at the library level... for those of us that like the thumb/backdrop current state?

Isn't that what *Separate latest media by type" does now ??

Something that some people don't want !!

MrWebsmith

sort of....but thats not choosing which image filetype to display....   along the same lines.. and both should be user-settings imho

well.. yes.. it does keep the consistant look.. but i cant choose to display thumbs for movies and posters for tv yet.., not that i personally want that.. but you cant manipulate it yourself.. the server is choosing how each type is shown in current dev.

Edited by MrWebsmith
  • Like 2

Koleckai Silvestri

I agree, there's not enough user defined setup in emby.

The biggest problem with the Emby family is that you can't easily customize your display across the different clients. The admin should be able to set it up how they want it and all users and clients inherit those settings to the best of their abilities.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 1