vu+ isn't streaming HD content

ojessie

Attached are my log files. I'm not a developer but it seems I'm having a ffmpeg problem. Opened another thread concerning tunein with different log files. In the other thread I mentioned that there might be a ffmpeg problem, most likely it is the same here.  I'm running emby on openmediavault 3.x latest release. If this is the case would appreciate an advise how to fix it. 

Thanks

ffmpeg_Log.txt

Server_Log.txt

Installed as suggested but no success .. still problems with ffmpeg.

Edit: Just a question ... I read that the standard ffmpeg is not compatible with Debian 8 (actually I'm running OMV 3 which is based on Deb. 8 with a Backport Kernel 4.6) Is this right? If yes is it than necessary to install a Backport ffmpeg? If so which one to you advice?

best 

log_ffmpeg_2016-10-30.txt

Edited by ojessie

Ok there are some issues related to dvb subtitles. we're looking into them for the next release of the server, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok there are some issues related to dvb subtitles. we're looking into them for the next release of the server, thanks.

I don't now if this problem was addressed in the release 3.0.8500 ... but it's not fixed yet. Please see attached log.

Thanks

log_ffmpeg_2016_11_07.txt

Ok, this is actually something new. The extra colons in the Vu stream urls need to be encoded when passed into the subtitle filter. I'm looking into this for the next release.

In the meantime you can work around it for now by setting your Emby user profile to not play subtitles by default. To do this, click your user icon in the top right -> playback settings. Then set the subtitle mode to No Subtitles. Please note, changing this setting will apply to video files as well, so you'll have to use the video player subtitle menu to turn on subs when playing video files, at least for now. 

Let me know if this helps. Thanks.