How to Configure v 1.0.0.80 - Getting "This plugin as no setting to configure" Message

CFC
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

Am I missing something for configuring v 1.0.0.80 - using version  3.1.6145.28729 dev?

I simply get the message "This plugin has no setting to configure"

I understand there's been a change in the plugin structure for the server now, but it's not obvious to me how to get ServerWMC back up and running.

Thanks for the help,

CFC

Edited by CFC

krustyreturns

Yeah, sorry about that.  Its not working for me either.  

@@Luke, I assume the problem is my implementation of GetPages, I just followed your example.  Its either the path to the embedded resource that is wrong or I was supposed to do something else.  Can you help?

public IEnumerable<PluginPageInfo> GetPages()
        {
            return new[]
            {
                new PluginPageInfo
                {
                    Name = "ServerWMC",
                    EmbeddedResourcePath = GetType().Namespace + ".Configuration.configPage.html"
                }
            };
        }
  • Like 1

@@Luke, I assume the problem is my implementation of GetPages, I just followed your example.  Its either the path to the embedded resource that is wrong or I was supposed to do something else.  Can you help?

public IEnumerable<PluginPageInfo> GetPages()
        {
            return new[]
            {
                new PluginPageInfo
                {
                    Name = "ServerWMC",
                }
            };
        }

No worries :)

As long as it's not a "just me" problem, I'm good.

Part of the fun of being on the dev branch.

Let me know if you'd like me to test out anything.

CFC

public IEnumerable GetPages()
        {
            return new[]
            {
                new PluginPageInfo
                {
                    Name = "ServerWMC",
                }
            };
        }

Make sure the plugin is also implementing IHasWebPages

• Solution
krustyreturns

Thanks @@Luke, I think I have it now.  @@CFC, when you can download version 1.0.0.81 of the serverwmc plugin and please let me know if it works for you.

• Like 1

Thanks @@Luke, I think I have it now.  @@CFC, when you can download version 1.0.0.81 of the serverwmc plugin and please let me know if it works for you.

All seems to be running back to normal with 1.0.0.81 now. Though for some reason, the plugin no longer shows a logo in the emby catalog.

Thanks.

Still let me know if there's anything you'd like me to test, or help with.

CFC

Edited by CFC
  • Like 1

krustyreturns

@@CFC,

If you can. please test whether direct playback works with this new plugin.  The biggest difference in this plugin is it uses emby to analyze the streams to see whether direct play can be enabled, rather than the old way of having serverwmc do the analysis.  Also, you can make sure upcoming recordings are displayed correctly in emby, there were some live-tv interface changes in emby that effects their display.  Thanks!

epayson85

working perfectly on my end! Direct stream isn't but its honestly never worked for me.  Even when it says it is I can see FFMPEG running on my server so something is still being transcoded.  I choose to use KODI for livetv / recordings with serverwmc unless I'm outside my local network.

• Like 1

What's the best client to test direct streaming on? Emby Theater on the PC as I recall should, right?

I'll do some testing soon as I get back home.

The upcoming recordings, and the series recordings show correctly.

One note though, on the web client, I could no longer move forward on recording playback.

CFC

krustyreturns

I'm not sure about emby theater but it makes sense that it should direct play.  The fire tv client will direct play.

I'm also not sure about what would effect skip forward, if it worked before.  I'll take a look at the code when I get a chance.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure about emby theater but it makes sense that it should direct play.  The fire tv client will direct play.

I'm also not sure about what would effect skip forward, if it worked before.  I'll take a look at the code when I get a chance.

Thanks for the help.

Here are my results - all good

With Emby Theater (x86) - direct playing as expected on all tuners for live TV, and direct play of recordings.

I tested a recording on the web client, and it has the full scrub bar as expected. I'm not sure what happened last night, maybe I was drunk :unsure:

Seems like all is working as expected. Thanks! (Still no logo on the plugin listing for ServerWMC, but obviously that's mostly cosmetic)

CFC

krustyreturns

I don't have the logo either.  @@Luke for some reason the plugin logo is no longer there.  Do you know why this would be?

thanks @@CFC, much appreciated.

I think your image url is just no longer valid. try editing your package in the admin site and double check those urls

krustyreturns

Oops, I forgot about these settings on the plugin, that was indeed the problem.  Thanks Luke.

@@CFC, the plugin logo should be back now.

• Like 1