Spinning Circle

casminkey

casminkey

Hi, i seem to get this from time to time and i'll come back to it a while later and all seems fine. Well, i'm getting this now and had some time to get some logs together. Is anyone able to tell what's causing the delay?  I see some log entries show very low response times of just a few ms, then others that show responses of over 30 seconds.

Right now, I can't browse any libraries from Emby Theater or browsing locally through a web browser on the server itself. I've restarted Emby Server a few times and restarted the actual server a few times as well. Attached are the log files from today. (I replaced my external host name with emby.ddns.net).

Running Emby Version 3.0.8300.0

Windows Server 2012 R2

Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2GHz

8GB Memory

As i write this, things seemed to start working much quicker and more normal so you may see that at the end of the most recent log file. Not sure what changed to kick everything back to working order.

Any help in pinpointing where things were getting held up would be greatly appreciated  :)

server-63613209600.txt

server-63613223202.txt

server-63613245086.txt

server-63613245386.txt

server-63613246078.txt

casminkey

Hi, so response was good all yesterday after posting this, but back to just a spinning circle this morning. I disabled all my plugins and restarted Emby Server - same thing. So I rebooted the whole server, same thing. Log file is attached.

Thanks for the help

server-63613327439.txt

• 2 weeks later...
casminkey

For what it's worth, I had this happen a few more times and I would just re-select the server in Emby Theater, and it would become much more responsive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It sounds like it the first connection attempt was timing out and you were presented with the spinner while waiting for it to time out. Are you starting up the server and app at the same time? Or are you starting up the app and machine at the same time? It sounds like the first time through the connection just isn't available, then you wait for the spinner, click to try again, and by that time it is available.

casminkey

I usually only reboot one at a time. When I reboot the Emby server (or just restart Emby server app) I'll wait a few minutes before trying again.

casminkey

Hi Luke, I should have never said anything, this is happening once or twice a day again.

Here's more logs from Server and Theater. Both were restarted at different times, hence the multiple log files. I think I did re-enable some plug-ins but they were disabled and didn't seem to help.

For a time, Theater couldn't even locate the server. It recognized it was there, but when I tried re-connecting to it, it said it couldn't connect.

Any help?

server-63614691995.txt

server-63614704649.txt

theater-63614704509.txt

theater-63614704520.txt

theater-63614704886.txt

Logos302

This used to happen to me when the server was busy doing a library scan.  My fix was to upgrade my HD (SSD) that emby was running on.

• Like 1

casminkey

Make sure the emby server instance has started up and has an active network connection

I am pretty sure that I am, but how can I know for sure?

casminkey

This used to happen to me when the server was busy doing a library scan. My fix was to upgrade my HD (SSD) that emby was running on.

Thanks for the tip. I rebuilt my server with a SSD drive I had not being used. It's a pretty low grade one so not sure if that did the trick or just the simple fact that the server needed to be rebuilt, but response times in Emby apps is way better now. It even solved some other annoying things that I was having problems with in Live TV.

• Like 1